the journal this week

@bruceythom , i read your interview this week and you mentioned about using eucalyptis for flies. Is it the oil you used? Did you do it like a pour-on or spray? Ive heard of it being used as a fly repellent before. I think the use tea tree oil in some things for headlice. How did you find it.

Hi Deerhunter,

Yes, we use Eucalyptus oil on the heifers and cows. We mix it with polysorbate and either pour it on the heifers backs or add it to teat spray.

How often would you use it with pour on? The teat spray i use has it in it but flies can still be a problem in thundery weather. Use spot on here once a month in summer. Long go my old lad used to use barricade, spray it on with a knapsack. Flies would stay well away from cows for a while then. Its off the market over 20 years now.
Again, depends on conditions. We would only use the oil when conditions are favourable to flies, which is a surprisingly short period. The rain depletes it so you might only get a week or two out of it. The stockholm tar is by far the best product for controlling summer time mastitis. Barricade contains cypermethrin which would be a really efficient insecticide.....but I wouldn't use it!!

Was going to put this into the what annoyed you today thread.
Best job might be to load them up into a trailer and deposit them outside your local GPs offices, they'll surely know what to do with them.

And if they don't, I can offer a few suggestions.

W

Was that not because one of the Guards was messing around with his missus .
seemingly there was an issue that the same guard was to investigate the destruction of his own forestry aswell and nothing was been done about it.
there's a whatsapp picture of a postcard doing the rounds that was addressed to his co councillor brother aswell.
@muckymanor may have seen it.

Back