The older masseys

We had 2 of these. I honestly don’t miss them apart from what now seems to be there value !! Maybe I will get it someday😀

I have been offered a clean original MF40 front loader. It came off a MF165 but I have been told it is the short beam version for a MF135. I couldn't find a maker plate on the loader so I was wondering what are the dimensions of the short beam MF40 loader for a 135 so I can be sure it will fit my MF135? Thanks.

I have been offered a clean original MF40 front loader. It came off a MF165 but I have been told it is the short beam version for a MF135. I couldn't find a maker plate on the loader so I was wondering what are the dimensions of the short beam MF40 loader for a 135 so I can be sure it will fit my MF135? Thanks.
I think the MF40 was the short beam and the MF80 was the long beam @SMID or @kverneland es 80 might know better

I think the MF40 was the short beam and the MF80 was the long beam @SMID or @kverneland es 80 might know better

The 40 was a 1970s MF loader , and the 80 was a newer loader , might have been out 78? inti the the 80s. Completely different loaders .
Was a 35 an older loader , or the shorter version of a 40 ? I think older myself . Grey coloured , very similar though .

The 40 was a 1970s MF loader , and the 80 was a newer loader , might have been out 78? inti the the 80s. Completely different loaders .
Was a 35 an older loader , or the shorter version of a 40 ? I think older myself . Grey coloured , very similar though .
The 35 was an older loader than mf40 as far as I know.

Even a short 40 is a big loader on a 135. I would much rather a quicke 2000, shorter lighter and easier to remove if so inclined.

My dad had a 40 for his 135 and it was a bit of a monster on it, very rarely used.
I have looked at a couple of quicke 2000 loaders but the problem was finding the brackets to mount the loader to a MF135. They seem very rare around me.
A neighbour had a MF40 on a 135 when I was younger and I drove it a lot and found it fine as long as you had the concrete weight on the back of the tractor.
You don't know the dimensions of the loader that was on your Dad's 135 by any chance?

The quicke brackets are rare enough for the 135 alright. I'm afraid we sold it a few months back so I can't measure it up.

I have looked at a couple of quicke 2000 loaders but the problem was finding the brackets to mount the loader to a MF135. They seem very rare around me.
A neighbour had a MF40 on a 135 when I was younger and I drove it a lot and found it fine as long as you had the concrete weight on the back of the tractor.
You don't know the dimensions of the loader that was on your Dad's 135 by any chance?
What dimensions do you want, I can measure up one of the few 35 & 40 loaders here.

What dimensions do you want, I can measure up one of the few 35 & 40 loaders here.
I would be looking for the overall dimensions of the MF40 loader beam for a MF135 as the mounting brackets, lift rams and bucket/fork are the same for both versions of the MF40.
It would be great if you could give me the length of 1) the top of the loader beam from the end of the mounting point to the point of the bend above where the lift rams attach, 2) the length of the top of the beam from the bend where lift rams attach to the outside of the cross beam behind where the bucket/fork attaches to the loader and 3) the width of the loader from the outside of each beam. Thank you.

I would be looking for the overall dimensions of the MF40 loader beam for a MF135 as the mounting brackets, lift rams and bucket/fork are the same for both versions of the MF40.
It would be great if you could give me the length of 1) the top of the loader beam from the end of the mounting point to the point of the bend above where the lift rams attach, 2) the length of the top of the beam from the bend where lift rams attach to the outside of the cross beam behind where the bucket/fork attaches to the loader and 3) the width of the loader from the outside of each beam. Thank you.
Will try get those for you on Friday.

I have a set of quicke brackets here for a 135. What part of country are you in? Pm me if ya want

you could make " fly by night " FBN tyres and machinery an offer for his collection
I think I'll build it up from local machines. If they're rough do them up like new and if they're tidy leave them original or as found condition. Have my eye on a trio if tidy original 165s 2 of which have had the one owner this 50 years, aswell as a very late 168, and a 1 owner from New 188 with all the bells and whistles but needs a complete rebuild. Screenshot_20220102-014142.png20210712_113111.jpg20210523_144757.jpg20201024_110155.jpg20201003_113717.jpg

I think I'll build it up from local machines. If they're rough do them up like new and if they're tidy leave them original or as found condition. Have my eye on a trio if tidy original 165s 2 of which have had the one owner this 50 years, aswell as a very late 168, and a 1 owner from New 188 with all the bells and whistles but needs a complete rebuild. View attachment 101736View attachment 101737View attachment 101738View attachment 101739View attachment 101740
Don’t think I’d bother with the 188, it’s closer to being a donor than a do upper.

Back