The older masseys

Nice early mostly original mk2 165, would make a good project

Not too bad at all .
Lots of that type tractor got a long boat trip for their retirement. And what's left in in this country , the owners would like to hold on to them .

I personally would call that a MK 3 MF 165 .
A MK 1 , Perkins 203 engine , round axle , basically an MF 65 with neďwer panels .

A MK 2 . Perkins 212 engine , and round axle. Only made for approx 2 years .

A MK 3 . 212 engine and square axle .

Not too bad at all .
Lots of that type tractor got a long boat trip for their retirement. And what's left in in this country , the owners would like to hold on to them .

A MK 1 , Perkins 203 engine , round axle , basically an MF 65 with neďwer panels .

I suspect all the exporting is the cause of the crazy prices 168s, 188s and 200 series masseys especially have gone through the roof?

Should have copped that, your man who we have our bit of land rented out to has a lovely mk2 165 with the round axle, he knows the official name which I can't remember as of now, he also has a beautiful 65 with a duncan cab which he had out topping today. Your man with that 2d has one I he wants done up too.

Know another gentleman with one which he has from new, he said he bought it just as the square axles were introduced, he said he went to the dealership looking for one and they didn't have one, went to the docks in Dublin to pick one out fresh of the boat and couldn't find one, settled for a mk2 with the round axle and a duncan cab, he done it up this year and if it's the same job as his 590 it should be immaculate, said he bought 5 or 6 duncan cabs to do it up right.

I'd love to buy that yolk but have been told my next purchase will have to be able to pull a 6 tonne digger so as the old lad puts it "no more old shite." ☹

By any chance did they take of the original wheels and put them on, the tyres look like they were lying outside with the green alge on them
The tractor looks like it's been lying about. Surprised clarkes wouldn't tidy up the wheels with it being their specialty and all

Not too bad at all .

I’d say plenty of mark 2 were upgraded afterwards I know 1 of ours was I think 200 or 500 series trumpets were used.

Seen that the other day. Hardly too many of them about, never seen one with that sticker before. It's a y reg English plate, 82 afaik. Funny setup, a 203 engine with a 188 backend. 20210612_184948.jpg

Stick a test lamp into some of the available slots and see if there’s power anywhere. Is there anything not working?
The tacho and some of the dash lights. I think the tacho is ran off the alternator on them tractors and all the wiring there looks good.

Oh my god. I found one burnt out fuse today, a 25amp one, fuse number 15. The fuse for all the things that aren't working on that tractor but this puts me in a strange position, I'm in the process of servicing the tractor including the backend oil as I know that can cause all these problems too because the 2 for the backend get blocked up too. Was displaying all the symptoms of this with heavy steering, the pressure light on the dash, the 4wd was stuck on to try and make the 17 bar of pressure and the other usual stuff like the pto, dynashift and the hi lo box not working.

I'm changing the filters anyway but it might be useful to know in future, is it possible the filters were the original problem and this caused the fuse to blow?.

Back