The older masseys

I know it's a bit of a long shot but would anyone be able to tell me what the purple, yellow, and green wires on a massey 1135 do. I presume the loom was made by hella. I dont know what any of these are meant to do. they're all located around the light switch and I can't trace them to anywhere else.
Would it be something for the US market?

This one's a credit to it's former owner or owners. Pity they weren't a great tractor. Personally I like the look of them.
There is nothing wrong with a 6190, they were only built at the very end of the production cycle and were fully sorted. They are a good machine and a nice little value purchase of it fit the bill for someone.

The Americans tended to put the lights on the mudguards rather then in the front grill for some bizarre reason. I think on those 1100 series they had lights located on the bottom of the cab shining out over the front wheels as well.
there are. there are 2 switches in the UK market ones. One for the headlights and park lights and one for the work lights under the cab and on the mudgaurds. at some stage the original lights were replaced with leds for practical reasons, whoever fitted them just plugged out all the wires and plugged in his own. He made a dog's dinner of it in other words.

there are. there are 2 switches in the UK market ones. One for the headlights and park lights and one for the work lights under the cab and on the mudgaurds. at some stage the original lights were replaced with leds for practical reasons, whoever fitted them just plugged out all the wires and plugged in his own. He made a dog's dinner of it in other words.
the one i drove had no indicators but it had 2 round flashers at the top rear of the cab, they only worked when she was in the dipped light position so maybe those wires have something to do with that

the one i drove had no indicators but it had 2 round flashers at the top rear of the cab, they only worked when she was in the dipped light position so maybe those wires have something to do with that
Thanks I must try that. Did it only have the standard switch down beside the foot throttle for the lights or did it have one up on the dash with a horn

There is nothing wrong with a 6190, they were only built at the very end of the production cycle and were fully sorted. They are a good machine and a nice little value purchase of it fit the bill for someone.
Oh ok. You learn something new everyday. I always thought the 6100 series weren't great across the board. There weren't any of the 90's around here back in the day though.

Oh ok. You learn something new everyday. I always thought the 6100 series weren't great across the board. There weren't any of the 90's around here back in the day though.

A few 6170 80 etc around here , bought as cheap power , relative to their age.

On the not being many 90 series around in the day . There would have been lots 0f Ford 7600 , 7610s etc around . No one would buy a 7840 though 10 years later , when they were 5 to 10 year old second hands , as " them 40s are a heap of shite " .
Now , 40 series are from 20 to 30 years old , and a legendary tractor . How times change.

A few 6170 80 etc around here , bought as cheap power , relative to their age.

On the not being many 90 series around in the day . There would have been lots 0f Ford 7600 , 7610s etc around . No one would buy a 7840 though 10 years later , when they were 5 to 10 year old second hands , as " them 40s are a heap of shite " .
Now , 40 series are from 20 to 30 years old , and a legendary tractor . How times change.
was looking for a S/H 6 pot 20 years ago, choice of mainstream models was 3350 JD, Ford 7810 or MF 3090, bought a 3090 32 speed and apart from a replacement clutch and handbrake band it was faultless despite the fact we put a turbo on it and whacked it up to 130 on the PTO, that 6190 looks to have heavier half axles but would be based on the 3000 series for the most part.

think it was standard switch but its 40 yrs ago so i could be wrong:wheelchair:
You must have been one of the men lucky enough to drive one new. Had our neighbours come up to enlighten me that yourmans 1135 used to lift their silage 40 years ago and how the size of it still amazed them all these years on.

You must have been one of the men lucky enough to drive one new. Had our neighbours come up to enlighten me that yourmans 1135 used to lift their silage 40 years ago and how the size of it still amazed them all these years on.
you could fit a coffin in the space between the engine and the top of the bonnet :smile: :smile: wonderful turning circle , she,d almost turn in the same space as a 135 , the exhaust pipe was made of chocolate burned out after a couple of years

you could fit a coffin in the space between the engine and the top of the bonnet :smile: :smile: wonderful turning circle , she,d almost turn in the same space as a 135 , the exhaust pipe was made of chocolate burned out after a couple of years
Easiest tractor I've ever worked on. Wouldn't have to go near the bonnet to take the injectors out. Great lock too, remember when your man that owns it told me how good the lock was on it I thought he was messing, you'd turn it on the spot. Your experience on the exhaust explains why there's a water pipe welded to the turbo. In all fairness there's a serious heat produced by the engine.

Is the 6190 a future classic? Nice looking machine.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-188-multi-power/29796391 ,
Detailed Info
  • Description
Massey Ferguson 188 Multipower Nice original tractor and running very well.
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMH19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xOTkzNDgyMzIifQ==
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMH19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xOTkzNDgyMjQifQ==
Original ????

Back