The reseeding thread

Masseyrk662

Sown 25th of September. Was in barley for 3 years. I still get the nightmares
4C5A1390-6AF6-49E2-9421-19D54145A5AF.jpeg

FIAT 450

And no I haven't lost the plot. My grandfather passed away in the early 90s was the last time sheep grazed our land. Bloody barley took off after sowing the grass seed so asked a neighbor for a lend of some sheep see could we graze the barley down so it doesn't kill the grass.

Attachments

• IMG_20221125_095346.jpg
    IMG_20221125_095346.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 78

nashmach

And no I haven't lost the plot. My grandfather passed away in the early 90s was the last time sheep grazed our land. Bloody barley took off after sowing the grass seed so asked a neighbor for a lend of some sheep see could we graze the barley down so it doesn't kill the grass.

Them Lexions must be throwing out a lot of grain

I'm assuming you did not plough that post harvest so any bits of grain would have grown.

I would not have been concerned, the grass will out compete it.

FIAT 450

Them Lexions must be throwing out a lot of grain

I'm assuming you did not plough that post harvest so any bits of grain would have grown.

I would not have been concerned, the grass will out compete it.
The deutz cut that field. No didn't plough. It weird, no grain visible on the ground but it grew like hell. Our biggest worry was the barely would die off or fall over and smother the grass. Hopefully after a bit of a graze be enough to let the grass on.

nashmach

The deutz cut that field. No didn't plough. It weird, no grain visible on the ground but it grew like hell. Our biggest worry was the barely would die off or fall over and smother the grass. Hopefully after a bit of a graze be enough to let the grass on.

If the ground is dry enough for the woolies, it will help the grass tiler nicely anyway