The ultimate machine

johndeere6920s

Our l200 is near the end of its life and we are unsure what to replace it with.
It had its plus sides and it had its downs too.
We wouldnt be using what will replace it to do much towing so possibly looking at something that isn't a true jeep.
Is there such a thing as a 4wd dyna?
I think it would probably be the tool.
Loads of space in the back and enough room for 3 to sit in it

Our l200 is near the end of its life and we are unsure what to replace it with.
It had its plus sides and it had its downs too.
We wouldnt be using what will replace it to do much towing so possibly looking at something that isn't a true jeep.
Is there such a thing as a 4wd dyna?
I think it would probably be the tool.
Loads of space in the back and enough room for 3 to sit in it
Volks transporter 4motion? Set of all terrains on it, plenty of space in the back for tools etc and you can walk away and lock it up and it’s all secure? And you’ve 3 seats!

Volks transporter 4motion? Set of all terrains on it, plenty of space in the back for tools etc and you can walk away and lock it up and it’s all secure? And you’ve 3 seats!
Yeah something like that would fit the bill but I'd nearly want the open back because for fuel and oil and of course in the field you woulsnt be too worried if it gets dirty

We have a Berlingo and it's a handy van but I need an oven back really as I use the l200 to move the head of the hedgecutter ect
An oven in the back? you are asking a lot!

If you want a larger 4wd pickup, I suppose you would want to look at the kind of yokes the ESB use

Last edited:
The problem with 4x4 3.5t trucks is they have a very small payload compared to the size of them.

Ideally you need to go up to 4-5t and get your c1 license.

They used make a transporter 4motion flatbed but dont know if they still do. A swb one of those with a decent set of tyres would be a handy tool

A VW transporter 4motion, would be my choice, if you don’t need a big 4wd for pulling heavy loads, another option would be a VW transporter pickup 4 motion, 3 seats, open back with drop sides, a few tool boxes build into the body.

Lad that has a small fabrication business here has had several VW transporter pickups , gets on well with them, but the last time he went about one (2018) it was special order , a long wait for delivery and available in a limited choice of colours. And that was only 2wd

What you want is an Iveco Daily 4x4
rare enough item.

flat bed 4x4
Rarer again.

flat bed double cab 4x4
Rare as rocking horse sh*t

what about the 4x4 van, safer for tools and can still carry fuel. use a trailer for the digger attachments, local diggerman has a plant trailer to pull with whoever needs the tree shear/saw blade etc that is for use with any digger of the 3 just take the trailer. A van with a proper bulk head is useful for alot of jobs and it you spend a bit of time you can draw fuel safely without spilling it and stinking it out. We ran a van and pickup and it was a balls having tools and random valuable stuff in the back of the pickup if you had to leave it unattended somewhere and everything in the back got wet if the canopy wasnt on, when it was on you couldnt set anything int wiht the loader, just found van better unless ground was wet. the pickups here now are trailer donkeys for drawing cattle or heavy loads.

An oven in the back? you are asking a lot!

If you want a larger 4wd pickup, I suppose you would want to look at the kind of yokes the ESB use

One of them would be a savage yoke.
I'd love a unimog

Last edited by a moderator:
One of them would be a savage yoke.
I'd love a unimog
Sprinter 4x4 ?

My brother and bro in-law both have older unimogs,they make land rovers feel like Bentleys,absolute piles of shite!

I would be slow in buying a van anyway, especially for what you are at fierce handy to have a jeep if you broke down at silage and had to go down a rough passage then across a few fields you may not do it in a van...you where talking about a digger the same applies you could be going in around a rough site pulling a bowser and trailer with a few buckets.... why not another cheap l200 and drive it to the ground again

Back