Thorpes Pic's

Any dampness in the air and paper is F#€£&$, any sharp edges and paper is in trouble any bit of a collision on the way to the drill and paper is in trouble. Doctors differ but not for me.

I agree especially if they are being handballed around a bit for transport to different farms.

Never found getting rid of seed bags difficult when used for recycling.

Cement and lime is in 25kg bags so seed and fert wont be long behind.

I agree especially if they are being handballed around a bit for transport to different farms.

Never found getting rid of seed bags difficult when used for recycling.

Cement and lime is in 25kg bags so seed and fert wont be long behind.
Cement and lime is 25kg this donkeys years and still no sign of seed and fert changing. It never bothered me until I hurt my back last year lugging a 50kg bag of seed up on drill, men aren't used to these weights nowadays, no small square bales etc that would have been pegging around everyday years ago keeping muscles strong. My mother was only saying the other day about seeing my grand father and neighbours knocking big bullocks (3 year old maybe) over in a shed to do warbling etc. Rather them than me. Ffs lads have turnover crates for sheep now!

I'll have to manage to procure an invite to one of @Bog Man bunga bunga parties , to see the lie of the land before I start overstepping the mark .
I passed Chateau Bog Man on my travels today, but alas I saw no tell-tale signs of steam rising, nor any evidence of recent helicopter activity.

That’s a funky looking drill on the 7x10 deere. Home made job?
I think it could be the same tractor in the previous set of pics pulling a kockerling grubber. Basically the sower is the grubber with a hopper and metering system plonked on top. Fan is driven by a pto pump and you can here the whine of it for miles. I have often heard it sowing in the farm @Bogman has rented and it would be 6 or 7 km away

The Kockerling drill with the red hopper has wheels at each leg I do not think the grubber has wheels at each leg but has wheels at the front corner. It is noisy but can cover ground. it could literally sow across a 4X4 bale and wet spots do not bother it.
I think there are two types of Kockerling grubber one type is easy pull but does nothing and the other is hard pull and does a good job but it would kill a tractor.
The hot tub is great for melting urea or dipping sheep. I suppose with the Covid we will have to postpone the Miss Fighting Cocks beauty pageant.

Back