Tl100a hydraulic problem

I bought a new holland 2 years ago and recently got a front loader fitted. While using one day a slight strain came on the hydraulics (leever not released quick enough by 2 seconds) and it blew an oring on the pump at the rear left hand side of engine. Got that fixed and it's after blowing it again. There is a knob at the rear of the cab which seems to control the oil flow. It had been turned up full. In a previous life the tractor was used for hedge cutting and the pump may have been altered. I just don't understand how it is only blowing the oring since the loader was fitted. Each time it blew was when pressure came on the pump only for seconds

Thanks in advance

I bought a new holland 2 years ago and recently got a front loader fitted. While using one day a slight strain came on the hydraulics (leever not released quick enough by 2 seconds) and it blew an oring on the pump at the rear left hand side of engine. Got that fixed and it's after blowing it again. There is a knob at the rear of the cab which seems to control the oil flow. It had been turned up full. In a previous life the tractor was used for hedge cutting and the pump may have been altered. I just don't understand how it is only blowing the oring since the loader was fitted. Each time it blew was when pressure came on the pump only for seconds

Thanks in advance
Sounds like the relief valve on the loader spool block is set too high, if its just the loader causing it? Quicke loader?

Sounds like the relief valve on the loader spool block is set too high, if its just the loader causing it? Quicke loader?
Well having done loads of research it appears there may be a relief valve in the valve chest located at rear wheel of tractor. If there is no relief valve inside that chest then there was never one on the tractor from new. Have spoken to the two previous owners who didn't really use the hydraulics. I don't suppose I would have any back up from new holland seeing as tractor is 13 years old with only 1700 hrs. Mx u8 loader put on to it

Well having done loads of research it appears there may be a relief valve in the valve chest located at rear wheel of tractor. If there is no relief valve inside that chest then there was never one on the tractor from new. Have spoken to the two previous owners who didn't really use the hydraulics. I don't suppose I would have any back up from new holland seeing as tractor is 13 years old with only 1700 hrs. Mx u8 loader put on to it
There's bound to be a relief on the tractor and one on the loader valve block, how is it piped up? Have you tapped into the supply to the rear end from the pump? Is there three pipes to the loader valve block? There's usually two pipes going back to the tractor from loader valve, a ongoing pressure line and a drain line. Can you do some pics of the setup?

There's bound to be a relief on the tractor and one on the loader valve block, how is it piped up? Have you tapped into the supply to the rear end from the pump? Is there three pipes to the loader valve block? There's usually two pipes going back to the tractor from loader valve, a ongoing pressure line and a drain line. Can you do some pics of the setup?
I won't be beside tractor for 1 week. Generally the pressure relief valve sits on top of the pump. It's not there. Then some of them had a relief valve on the chest at the rear end of the tractor but not visable there either. Is it possible it is within the valve chest? The lad working on it generally works on forklifts but seeing as I cudnt get new holland to send me out a mechanic for 8 weeks I had to go to him. He has been in touch with an experienced new holland mechanic who is baffled by the problem. He contacted new holland and they told him to report back when it was solved as they had no clue either. We did disconnect the loader valve and made a loop but problem still there. Loader seems to be piped correctly according to diagrams sent out by mx Loader agent.

I won't be beside tractor for 1 week. Generally the pressure relief valve sits on top of the pump. It's not there. Then some of them had a relief valve on the chest at the rear end of the tractor but not visable there either. Is it possible it is within the valve chest? The lad working on it generally works on forklifts but seeing as I cudnt get new holland to send me out a mechanic for 8 weeks I had to go to him. He has been in touch with an experienced new holland mechanic who is baffled by the problem. He contacted new holland and they told him to report back when it was solved as they had no clue either. We did disconnect the loader valve and made a loop but problem still there. Loader seems to be piped correctly according to diagrams sent out by mx Loader agent.
The relief valve will be in the tractor hydraulics valve chest, since this problem has arose since fitting loader then you would think its a plumbing problem. Do you have the mx diagram to hand so you can put it up on here? I have next doors jxu with a mx loader here so we could compare how its piped up.

The relief valve will be in the tractor hydraulics valve chest, since this problem has arose since fitting loader then you would think its a plumbing problem. Do you have the mx diagram to hand so you can put it up on here? I have next doors jxu with a mx loader here so we could compare how its piped up.

So it appears that in the earlier models the valve was fitted on top of the hydraulic pump and it was then changed to the valve chest at the rear end of the tractor. Unless it is located within the valve chest then there doesn't seem to be one on it. It's not viable from the outside. Should it be located within the valve chest? It also appears that it is not the only tl100a that left the factory without a relief valve. I have a relief valve ordered for the top of the pump and that should solve the problem. Below is diagram from mx and it is piped right according to that. The tractor has only 1700 hrs on it and I have spoken to first two owners who didn't use the hydraulics. Is it possible relief valve is incorporated in the chest and may be stuck? My mechanic tells me that it would cost as much to investigate that and maybe have to replace valve as it would to fit new valve to hydraulic pump. What do you think? And thanks for your replies
Screenshot_20210323_221736_com.whatsapp.jpg

So it appears that in the earlier models the valve was fitted on top of the hydraulic pump and it was then changed to the valve chest at the rear end of the tractor. Unless it is located within the valve chest then there doesn't seem to be one on it. It's not viable from the outside. Should it be located within the valve chest? It also appears that it is not the only tl100a that left the factory without a relief valve. I have a relief valve ordered for the top of the pump and that should solve the problem. Below is diagram from mx and it is piped right according to that. The tractor has only 1700 hrs on it and I have spoken to first two owners who didn't use the hydraulics. Is it possible relief valve is incorporated in the chest and may be stuck? My mechanic tells me that it would cost as much to investigate that and maybe have to replace valve as it would to fit new valve to hydraulic pump. What do you think? And thanks for your replies
View attachment 89320
I honestly can't see it leaving the factory without a relief valve, its just a no no, first time max pressure comes on its a bust pump or something blown. If a relief is fitted on top of the pump where is it dumping the oil to? Back into to feed line to the pump?
Whether it matters or not i would say next doors is piped slightly differently, we took the supply not off aux valves but off the valve in front of it and done away with the metal pipe between the two, then put the ongoing pressure back in where the supply comes out on your pic.
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG
I can double check how its done but i would say its different to your diagram.

I honestly can't see it leaving the factory without a relief valve, its just a no no, first time max pressure comes on its a bust pump or something blown. If a relief is fitted on top of the pump where is it dumping the oil to? Back into to feed line to the pump?
Whether it matters or not i would say next doors is piped slightly differently, we took the supply not off aux valves but off the valve in front of it and done away with the metal pipe between the two, then put the ongoing pressure back in where the supply comes out on your pic.
View attachment 89331
View attachment 89332
I can double check how its done but i would say its different to your diagram.
OK I will wait on your reply

OK I will wait on your reply
Had another look today and this is how its done on next doors tractor, 01 is the flexible pipe in the top pic i put on last night (pipe with p 275 bar wrote on it) 02 is the flexible pipe going in by the spool linkages on the second pic ( going in horizontally to the front of the aux valves) 3 is the flexible pipe going vertically into the bottom on the second pic. I'm not saying how you've done it is wrong but this is how its done on two tractors here.
IMG_0301.JPG

Had another look today and this is how its done on next doors tractor, 01 is the flexible pipe in the top pic i put on last night (pipe with p 275 bar wrote on it) 02 is the flexible pipe going in by the spool linkages on the second pic ( going in horizontally to the front of the aux valves) 3 is the flexible pipe going vertically into the bottom on the second pic. I'm not saying how you've done it is wrong but this is how its done on two tractors here.
View attachment 89389
Yes it is plumbed as above according to my mechanic and we did find a pressure relief valve on the outer sleeve of the flow control valve on the rear end which wasn't stuck. I can't get a new pressure relief valve through new holland so have got one through a breakers yard. New holland tell me the nearest one is in Germany and they won't send it across. It beggars belief that a new one can't be got. However a new holland mechanic tells me if I get a pressure relief valve on top of the hydraulic pump then that will solve the problem. What I don't understand is that if the pressure relief valve is on the rear chest of the tractor and is not stuck then how it allows it to put out over 5000 psi.

Yes it is plumbed as above according to my mechanic and we did find a pressure relief valve on the outer sleeve of the flow control valve on the rear end which wasn't stuck. I can't get a new pressure relief valve through new holland so have got one through a breakers yard. New holland tell me the nearest one is in Germany and they won't send it across. It beggars belief that a new one can't be got. However a new holland mechanic tells me if I get a pressure relief valve on top of the hydraulic pump then that will solve the problem. What I don't understand is that if the pressure relief valve is on the rear chest of the tractor and is not stuck then how it allows it to put out over 5000 psi.
Its because the oil is going straight to loader valve from pump and not via rear spools, if you supplied the loader valve out of one of the spool valves at the rear then the relief would activate. I honestly didn't know that they weren't all set up with a relief ready for a loader, you'd wonder why when so many ended up with a loader on them.

You could put a simple relief in the line like this, would solve the problem cheaply.

Back