Wanted Tm 140/155 Or Mxm 140/155

Was there not something about those TM 155 or 150 giving trouble with the backends reddening up if worked hard for long periods?. I seem to remember something about them not been the greatest in that regard.
You could fry an egg on the backend of all those early TMs, there was a bigger oil cooler retrofitted to most of them, but all the small frame ones worked away to very high hours even without the bigger oil cooler.

You could fry an egg on the backend of all those early TMs, there was a bigger oil cooler retrofitted to most of them, but all the small frame ones worked away to very high hours even without the bigger oil cooler.
From I think'03 ( when Tm 150 became 155) the batteries went from 2 in front of the radiators to 1 on cab RH side so the cooling pack should have been much better.

From I think'03 ( when Tm 150 became 155) the batteries went from 2 in front of the radiators to 1 on cab RH side so the cooling pack should have been much better.
The grey chassis TMs had one battery in front of radiator. The battery was moved to make way for the intercooler on black chassis tractors which was part of changes for the emissions regulations not a bigger oil cooler. Far as I know rad, air con rad and oil cooler didn't change. But I'm open to correction on that. Its the LWB TMs 175 and 190 which had bigger oil coolers fitted. Saying that the swb tm backend were know to run backends quite hot in general but not to any detrement of the tractor.

Screenshot_20230322_234714_DoneDeal.jpg

The grey chassis TMs had one battery in front of radiator. The battery was moved to make way for the intercooler on black chassis tractors which was part of changes for the emissions regulations not a bigger oil cooler. Far as I know rad, air con rad and oil cooler didn't change. But I'm open to correction on that. Its the LWB TMs 175 and 190 which had bigger oil coolers fitted. Saying that the swb tm backend were know to run backends quite hot in general but not to any detrement of the tractor.
I remember years ago a contractor delivering silage to us. I'd say a good 2 hour drive in a 106.54 and he saying he would choose that over his 110/90's because of how hot they get in the backend. Slight tangent but didn't do their reputation any harm

I remember years ago a contractor delivering silage to us. I'd say a good 2 hour drive in a 106.54 and he saying he would choose that over his 110/90's because of how hot they get in the backend. Slight tangent but didn't do their reputation any harm
I thinks fair to say it hasn't done TMs any harm or there reputation. Countless high hour TMs still working away.

Back