Today's Drive

Regular cruise is a great job too on lightly loaded roads, I use mine all the time commuting. but in heavy motorway traffic here people would constantly cut in front of you surely? They do it all the time if you try to obey the 2 second rule in heavy motorway traffic, can't see how they wouldnt do it to adaptive cruisers too.

I assume it must be illegal in italy, you'd fit four italian cars into the gap :ohmy:
I wouldn't use it on m50, but on the n7/m9 I use it all the time, as I said I'm going against the traffic so not that busy, not many lane hoppers!

I find adaptive cruise control fantastic. (Volkswagen) On a motorway you will soon become used to what point it will start to slow down as you approach the vehicle in front of you so at that point either pull into the fast lane or if you want to get a little closer before overtaking just put you foot on the accelerator.
Find it really good on primary routes too as it will allow you to just follow the car infront of you as they speed up and slow down. Makes driving a lot less tiring.

Agree lane assist is a pain, would go as far as to say it’s dangerous on Irish roads. It’s switched off by the time I get to the gate every morning!

I find adaptive cruise control fantastic. (Volkswagen) On a motorway you will soon become used to what point it will start to slow down as you approach the vehicle in front of you so at that point either pull into the fast lane or if you want to get a little closer before overtaking just put you foot on the accelerator.
Find it really good on primary routes too as it will allow you to just follow the car infront of you as they speed up and slow down. Makes driving a lot less tiring.

Agree lane assist is a pain, would go as far as to say it’s dangerous on Irish roads. It’s switched off by the time I get to the gate every morning!
That’s what I do too on the adaptive cruise control amd find it good for that… let the car slow down or pull out and overtake … warped on the long journeys up and down the country on the motorways

That’s what I do too on the adaptive cruise control amd find it good for that… let the car slow down or pull out and overtake … warped on the long journeys up and down the country on the motorways
I like the way you can temporarily override the adaptive cruise control just by putting you foot on the accelerator

Back