Today's Drive

pretty sure my mother had one of those for a few months. I'd say my father must have given it the quickest once over inspection ever before buying it.

He surely didn't look in the boot because you could see multiple holes where the filler oozed through holes when it had been repainted.

Pretty sure it was one of those anyway, we only had it a month or two.

Are you sure, afaik, when an import is first registered, if its over 30 years old, it qualifies for the low tax, it can be registered on ZV plates or on the “new type”
Year, county, number.
I may be wrong but I thought it was possible to the same with an original Irish vehicle too, when it passed the 30 years?

Someone had a picture of a combine on here previously, that was on ZV plates.
combine was ours. had the option of the age related reg but took the zv plate as it looked more original

Are you sure, afaik, when an import is first registered, if its over 30 years old, it qualifies for the low tax, it can be registered on ZV plates or on the “new type”
Year, county, number.
I may be wrong but I thought it was possible to the same with an original Irish vehicle too, when it passed the 30 years?

Someone had a picture of a combine on here previously, that was on ZV plates.
That's what I'm wondering, could it be as you mentioned an irish vehicle on zv plates, just the condition, the grandfather used to have one out the back and it essentially disintegrated, I suppose that one could have been really well minded too.

I recently got an age related plate for a ford tractor I bought that was never registered in Ireland. I had the option of the 91 c or the zv plate

I know we have a few members with an eye for a good car .
2014 reg V12
6 litre petrol , I'm told it does all of 19 mpg on the motorway.
Good yoke to turn heads anyhow.
20220329_190703.jpg
20220329_190916.jpg
20220329_190834.jpg
20220329_191011.jpg

Attachments

• 20220329_190642.jpg
    20220329_190642.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 70
Meanwhile on the other end of the wow spectrum of the Aston Martin, my first bus
IMG_20220417_204054.jpg

Unlike the am, has a 1.3l petrol engine, 80E to fill the tank and need all 6 gears to get above 100kmph. Got it as it already had tax and nct done but needs a spare wheel. Should do me for the next year or 2. I've grown too used to the automatic gearbox in my old man's jeep and the lack of power in this yoke will keep me slow for a while anyways

Meanwhile on the other end of the wow spectrum of the Aston Martin, my first busView attachment 105611
Unlike the am, has a 1.3l petrol engine, 80E to fill the tank and need all 6 gears to get above 100kmph. Got it as it already had tax and nct done but needs a spare wheel. Should do me for the next year or 2. I've grown too used to the automatic gearbox in my old man's jeep and the lack of power in this yoke will keep me slow for a while anyways
You never forget your first car i don't think. Rest assured its fancier than what a lot of lads on here had for a first one, myself included. Good luck with her and keep the runner side down

Had this for a while this evening,unbelievable machine to move and handle,serious fun driving car
Toyota Yaris GR,1.6 turbo 4wd,drove one of the first ones of the country when they were launched last year,but this one had the circuit pack,so a few tweeks,
BCBB9115-9AC1-41AC-9AD1-BEDD06128620.png

Had this for a while this evening,unbelievable machine to move and handle,serious fun driving car
Toyota Yaris GR,1.6 turbo 4wd,drove one of the first ones of the country when they were launched last year,but this one had the circuit pack,so a few tweeks,
View attachment 105615
they after unveiling the corolla gr as well.

View attachment 105615
Lad who parks here has one,not sure why he bought a white one,thought I had a pic of it but can’t find it.

You never forget your first car i don't think. Rest assured its fancier than what a lot of lads on here had for a first one, myself included. Good luck with her and keep the runner side down
aye, and naturally the ricer inside me wants to modify it but insurance has me thinking and them civics are pain to work on so im debating if its worth it. not on about lowered springs and straight piping but things like putting an aux port in for the radio or changing the perspex front to an actual grille which i think would make it look a nicer car. everything's really integrated into each other

aye, and naturally the ricer inside me wants to modify it but insurance has me thinking and them civics are pain to work on so im debating if its worth it. not on about lowered springs and straight piping but things like putting an aux port in for the radio or changing the perspex front to an actual grille which i think would make it look a nicer car. everything's really integrated into each other
You may as well drop a k20 into it when you’re gone that far :flappytounge:

Meanwhile on the other end of the wow spectrum of the Aston Martin, my first busView attachment 105611
Why did you not go for the usual Jetta, Passat, Octavia that everyone else is buying

Why did you not go for the usual Jetta, Passat, Octavia that everyone else is buying
Insurance. Have til September until I'm off n plates, I wasn't gonna be paying over 2000 for insurance on them and I wanted a hatchback as my first car anyways. A hatchback corolla was top of my list but this one popped up reasonably priced with nct and tax for the year and the insurance wasn't too mad either

Young lads should be driving petrol Japanese hatchbacks.
Absolutely, I had a 1.4vvti corolla starting off. Liked a drop of oil but a good car.

Mam went back to a very nice 180bhp 1.6 petrol Kona auto a couple of years ago and it a ridiculously fun car to drive in sport mode. I'd say she has never taken it out of eco!

I always hated diesels but they were the only practical way of getting around for a long time, hopefully I'm on my last one

Back