Today's Drive

I'm an equal opportunity employer. Any small petrol car will do. To be honest anything but a frickin Passat/Jetta/A4/318d etc that young lads drive today.
Nothing but golfs around here, the odd Audi and Jetta alright

I can’t say much either I’m on the second golf but both have been high spec rather than felt spec 😂 mk4 150bhp arl with full leather first then a mk6 140 with full leather now. The mk6 was going to go last year For something petrol and a bit stupid like an st focus or gt Megane while I was still young enough, couldn’t decide what though so gave up and spent the money on machinery that just might have some chance of Atleast paying back a little bit, and a small Shiney thing that will probably cost me the price of any car for years to come 😂

I'm an equal opportunity employer. Any small petrol car will do. To be honest anything but a frickin Passat/Jetta/A4/318d etc that young lads drive today.
I started with a Peugeot 104 and have worked my way up to a Passat.

I terms of roadworthy vehicles I've had about 25, only one was a saloon and that was only because I crashed my Jeep and the Mrs was upgrading so I took her avensis for six months while I got some cash together.

A mix of hatchbacks, estates, proper 4x4s, soccer mom SUVs and Nora the Nissan (primastar)

I terms of roadworthy vehicles I've had about 25, only one was a saloon and that was only because I crashed my Jeep and the Mrs was upgrading so I took her avensis for six months while I got some cash together.

A mix of hatchbacks, estates, proper 4x4s, soccer mom SUVs and Nora the Nissan (primastar)
In my motoring career over the last twenty years I've had two cars, a vento and a skoda Octavia. Dad has had two in the last twenty years as well an Isuzu trooper and a Hilux. Great bit of value when you think about it

In my motoring career over the last twenty years I've had two cars, a vento and a skoda Octavia. Dad has had two in the last twenty years as well an Isuzu trooper and a Hilux. Great bit of value when you think about it
the vento was some car. heavy car but had power. my parents had one for a good while and then gave it to my grandfather, when he passed they had it again for a little while until my older brother wanted a bigger car from his ol' diahatsu. he drove that for a few years until he got a golf and parents then traded it in along with a vitara to get the avensis. miss that car

they are brilliant cars but they already are the go to's for the mod scene for quite some time. get a jetta, lowered coilovers, alloys, straight pipe, welded diff and a reek map and off they go to town. their name alone is enough to hike up insurance now, they have that much popularity.
i have soft spot for jap hatchbacks. corolla, civic, throw the yaris and even the micra in for good measure. the civic seems to be slowly forgotten and i want my hands on a bigger engined civic if i can but that will have to wait and see

I saw this in a car park in Thurles last Wednesday. Eyecatching . I'd imagine it's worth a few bob . I never drove one , was a passenger in about half a dozen over many years . They wouldn't rock my boat . Cramped , awkward driving position , crude , tractor like
I'll stop there .
20220518_123949.jpg

I saw this in a car park in Thurles last Wednesday. Eyecatching . I'd imagine it's worth a few bob . I never drove one , was a passenger in about half a dozen over many years . They wouldn't rock my boat . Cramped , awkward driving position , crude , tractor like
I'll stop there .
View attachment 107539
Have bad memories of SWB series 3 landrovers, a ferguson 20 would have far superior comfort.

My dad bought his first new land rover back in ‘75, he still has a defender, he doesn’t drive it much now but it still somehow manages to break down, I’ve told him we’ll probably burry him in it, he’s happy enough, said he’s spent most of his life in land rover’s.
Fair play to him, they certainly are a love affair, either you love them or you hate them…

I can certainly see the appeal of the new one. Looks great but is actually comfortable and refined.

Bloody expensive but so is everything else.

Pity they don't seem to have done much for the reliability though, saw one in cork a few weeks back smoking like a chimney being driven away from the dealership (I assume in a rage based on the way it being driven)

Some horror stories about the early builds, haven't heard as much recently so maybe things have improved.

Back