Todays Photo

I'd say we got the same one but you are ahead of us in terms of work by the looks of things!
That field is ploughed a while now, was only last Friday I went out and stuck a shovel in the ground and nearly broke the handle taking it up, pure muck the whole way through. Harrowed grand Tuesday then, barely left a wheel mark. The showers yesterday made the top a but sticky but we sowed away til 10pm grand. A rayle quare time, as some would say.

That field is ploughed a while now, was only last Friday I went out and stuck a shovel in the ground and nearly broke the handle taking it up, pure muck the whole way through. Harrowed grand Tuesday then, barely left a wheel mark. The showers yesterday made the top a but sticky but we sowed away til 10pm grand. A rayle quare time, as some would say.

Rained off big time here at 10.30 last night. Everytime I go ploughing after work it seems to rain.

Roads are not even dry yet.

mr Ryan will be happy to see southern emissions from quinns cement plant crossing over the border where I'm sitting as sharing is caring
View attachment 136397
I was looking at google maps one time and there is quarries and plants dotted all over the place, on both sides of the border, with miles and miles of roads connecting them, did Quinn own all the land that the roads was located on or was it rented

Snapchat-1282897827.jpg
Boss treating me well these few weeks. No point having a new trailer and not have a new tractor in the front of it. T7.195S. I love it. 40k eco, no boost for road speeds, air and exhaust brakes on it. Manual spools and has buttons on the pillar to work the telescopic hitch and hydraulic top link so that frees up 2 of the spools. Reckon it be a lovely ploughing tractor.
Snapchat-1775690899.jpg

I was looking at google maps one time and there is quarries and plants dotted all over the place, on both sides of the border, with miles and miles of roads connecting them, did Quinn own all the land that the roads was located on or was it rented
he built the roads on the mountain going out by the windmills and across out to swad direction.
there is the new cement plant on the left of the road along with the 3 big sheds on the right before you come to the border. the plant in the picture is the south.the old cement plant ,tiles, blocks, prestress and glass are all on the left side of the road aswell in the north.if you seen the filling station on the map,half the yard is in the north ,n half in the south.
he would have owned a good bit of land there and had right of ways through other parts of it, depending on where you looking at the quarries on the map,mcaffreys would only be a few mile to the right of the road

he built the roads on the mountain going out by the windmills and across out to swad direction.
there is the new cement plant on the left of the road along with the 3 big sheds on the right before you come to the border. the plant in the picture is the south.the old cement plant ,tiles, blocks, prestress and glass are all on the left side of the road aswell in the north.if you seen the filling station on the map,half the yard is in the north ,n half in the south.
he would have owned a good bit of land there and had right of ways through other parts of it, depending on where you looking at the quarries on the map,mcaffreys would only be a few mile to the right of the road
The road between the cement plant you have in the picture and the quarry in Swanlinbar, beside Kilaghduff Cemetary, that is one of the roads that I would have noticed, is that a private road or public.

I was in McCaffreys Quarry, the one near Knockninny Country House about 18 months ago.
I'm getting all these names from google maps and sometimes google maps is not the most accurate when it comes to the correct location of place names, some of them might be wrong

The road between the cement plant you have in the picture and the quarry in Swanlinbar, beside Kilaghduff Cemetary, that is one of the roads that I would have noticed, is that a private road or public.

I was in McCaffreys Quarry, the one near Knockninny Country House about 18 months ago.
I'm getting all these names from google maps and sometimes google maps is not the most accurate when it comes to the correct location of place names, some of them might be wrong
I'd fairly sure that road is a private road your on about,
mccafferys have other spots alot closer to quinns over on the teemore Road, 2 maybe 3 mile from the aul plant.after you pass the aul army base that used to be there you'd take a road to the right

Back