Todays Photo

Bog Man

This arrived. I may get out my Admirals Hat .View attachment 92905View attachment 92906

Our neighbor owned the boat and he was going on holidays and the new Arthur Daly swapped him a functioning smaller boat and trailer for the not sea ready bigger boat. He will probably have this traded by the weekend. I believe he has a new engine coming from Japan . The Grain pusher is now a dry dock .171EE64C-AC20-44F6-A928-F6AA9B8C5057.jpeg

scoffcruddle

Fine old girl genny there. Would it be possible to fit a pto ànd freewheel clutch to where the starting handle is? Might make things easier to use a tractor to start it than yourself. But it mustnt of been too hard to start since your still wearing your cap!!!!
Only way I can start it is if someone flicks the decompression once I get it spinning,the last owner broke the starting handle trip mechanism,on the sixth revolution it was supposed to trip the decompression lever.
It could also be started with an air starter motor but this last couple of years it’s given up the ghost,it needed 400psi by rights but if I connected up the road compressor and used the decompression it would start,it even had a cartridge start system but I’ve never found a cartridge to fit it.
I’m in the process of rigging up a hydraulic motor onto the starting handle,mainly because a pto turns the wrong way and a hydraulic motor would be a bit safer.

headcase

Very Senior Member
Only way I can start it is if someone flicks the decompression once I get it spinning,the last owner broke the starting handle trip mechanism,on the sixth revolution it was supposed to trip the decompression lever.
It could also be started with an air starter motor but this last couple of years it’s given up the ghost,it needed 400psi by rights but if I connected up the road compressor and used the decompression it would start,it even had a cartridge start system but I’ve never found a cartridge to fit it.
I’m in the process of rigging up a hydraulic motor onto the starting handle,mainly because a pto turns the wrong way and a hydraulic motor would be a bit safer.
Front PTO turn right way?

AYF

How big should the cartridge be?
I'm guessing you've tried a 12 bore blank?!

Endah

Messing with cartridges at 15 year old I stuck one in the vice and hit it with a hammer 🙈feck the hammer flew out of my hand with the recoil and I shot a hole in the wall.😂
I laughed out loud at this, did the same myself around that age, I ran a Stanley knife around the plastic housing to remove the pellets ( real safety conscious ) . same as that , shot dot punch and hammer into the next parish 😂. If it were now we'd be locked up 😆

Deerehunter

Messing with cartridges at 15 year old I stuck one in the vice and hit it with a hammer 🙈feck the hammer flew out of my hand with the recoil and I shot a hole in the wall.😂
Cousin of mine had an incident like that too, he decided to close the end with a hammer, blew off 2 of his fingers.!
Im not saying full details of it as its public forum and little eyes might get ideas.