Todays Photo

AYF

scoffcruddle

That is a good idea tbf!

Was a contractor round here used to put silage sides on his big rear discharge if he was low on trailers. Not sure did he remove the spreader element of it or just spread out tge silage!
I’ve seen ktwo spreaders hauling grass and they left the spreader deck in place.

Reactions: AYF

drew

That is a good idea tbf!

Was a contractor round here used to put silage sides on his big rear discharge if he was low on trailers. Not sure did he remove the spreader element of it or just spread out tge silage!

I’ve seen ktwo spreaders hauling grass and they left the spreader deck in place.
I think there’s a video on YouTube where lads were using the rear discharges to draw out maize and they were driving up across the pit spreading it, would leave the loader mans job fairly handy

AYF

I think there’s a video on YouTube where lads were using the rear discharges to draw out maize and they were driving up across the pit spreading it, would leave the loader mans job fairly handy
It would be common practice to have beaters on silage wagons in Europe to do that.
I'd be afraid of tyres carrying crap into the pit.

drew

It would be common practice to have beaters on silage wagons in Europe to do that.
I'd be afraid of tyres carrying crap into the pit.
That was my thought too, if I remember it was a real wet muck hole and that’s why the rear discharge was being used as the big wheels travelled better. They may have only been backing into the pit i can’t fully remember it

Lackandarrafarmer

No matter how much research you do on a dealer it's always a great relief when it arrives
Fact. i was S**tting bricks for a while as i had it paid for since end of july. Just got caught out with haulage company being on holidays and delays coming through customs. Well worth looking in europe though for the prices quoted on donedeal and other websites

candor

Moderator/IT Guy
Fact. i was S**tting bricks for a while as i had it paid for since end of july. Just got caught out with haulage company being on holidays and delays coming through customs. Well worth looking in europe though for the prices quoted on donedeal and other websites
What percentage price difference are you talking about in this case?

Bog Man

Getting a bit of slurry spread . The neighbors should be paying for the diesel to till it in . I had to bring my own washing in off the line or I was going to smell like a Dairy Farmer.

Attachments

• D960C737-0A4B-4ACD-BDAB-5031425E1D5F.jpeg
    D960C737-0A4B-4ACD-BDAB-5031425E1D5F.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 914E28B0-91A2-4767-BCC6-00EFF7E22A36.jpeg
    914E28B0-91A2-4767-BCC6-00EFF7E22A36.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 83
  • C00219C7-9442-4CEF-872A-EDED502C181C.jpeg
    C00219C7-9442-4CEF-872A-EDED502C181C.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 83

TAFKAT

Are you leaving it to Tom to wash it ?

There was a car between us at the junction , coming into your former hometown last Thursday 3 ish .
That's part of the winter service
Sure your not along the border 😁plenty of ibc's and tanks for red that just changes colour with a little magical touch !!!😊
The only border I'm near is the one between Tipperary and Laois.

Lackandarrafarmer

What percentage price difference are you talking about in this case?
Based off prices quoted on dd at the moment my one would have been 50k+ vat at minimum. Let's just say I paid less than 50k incl vat. Correct me if I'm wrong on value on mine. Hard to get an exact as the 125 puma were rare in ireland. But she would be way higher spec than the maxxum 125

eddie86

Based off prices quoted on dd at the moment my one would have been 50k+ vat at minimum. Let's just say I paid less than 50k incl vat. Correct me if I'm wrong on value on mine. Hard to get an exact as the 125 puma were rare in ireland. But she would be way higher spec than the maxxum 125
Was there much hassle with the importing part? Transport and redtape etc.