Todays Photo

What is the trade like?
Ours went at 2.65/2.70/2.74/kg so happy at that, some lots going mad altogether at up on 4/kg
Where's on today ?
Hardly in Ballinakill
I saw a Ch cull cow make 1900 yesterday . Not sure of weight , but she was mahoosive .
Show and sale in carnew in this case, we wouldn’t be bothered with the show end of it but it’s normally always a good sale! Happy with todays outcome tho!

Ours went at 2.65/2.70/2.74/kg so happy at that, some lots going mad altogether at up on 4/kg

Show and sale in carnew in this case, we wouldn’t be bothered with the show end of it but it’s normally always a good sale! Happy with todays outcome tho!
Heifers or bullocks in Carnew today?

heifers today, bullocks were last week! Can’t remember what the bullocks did but we’re good too
If it had been the other way around I would have booked in my few for next week.
Tullow in a fortnight will do the job, I don't see the price softening this spring at all, till cattle are coming off grass.

If it had been the other way around I would have booked in my few for next week.
Tullow in a fortnight will do the job, I don't see the price softening this spring at all, till cattle are coming off grass.
Hopefully not anyway! Prices today would make you question which way to go with the rest, normally ours all head to the factory but we’ve put a few through the ring the last few years just to compare.

Then again the prices of some would make you question a lot of things, when €4/5/kg live is being paid it’s certainly not coming from a slaughter ticket… I know some of them were in the best breeding heifer category but they’d want to be dropping a few show ponies to make it back over their lifetime

Hopefully not anyway! Prices today would make you question which way to go with the rest, normally ours all head to the factory but we’ve put a few through the ring the last few years just to compare.

Then again the prices of some would make you question a lot of things, when €4/5/kg live is being paid it’s certainly not coming from a slaughter ticket… I know some of them were in the best breeding heifer category but they’d want to be dropping a few show ponies to make it back over their lifetime
Were those prices for roan heifers? I meant to take a look at it online but I forgot all about it.

Were those prices for roan heifers? I meant to take a look at it online but I forgot all about it.
I honestly can’t remember but think I did see around the 4 mark for a nice but plain enough lmx i was dipping in and out but not fully watching but I don’t specifically remember seeing any of the roan type ones going through

I honestly can’t remember but think I did see around the 4 mark for a nice but plain enough lmx i was dipping in and out but not fully watching but I don’t specifically remember seeing any of the roan type ones going through
Ah yeah that's alright I was just curious. I saw a few advertised for the sale today on done deal and I know lads go mad for roan heifers.

Saw them up alright I’d imagine they probably went strong money.

1st prize in the first category was a bbx 794kg Made €3850 or 4.84/kg

And that heifer is simply too heavy to breed from unless it goes on a serious diet!

Is there much difference between cs110 and cs130 .I remem driving a 130 mighty gusty yoke but was there something about the 110

Back