Todays Photo

Worth a try for sure, saves a lot of messing around with a spade in that type of bank.
Planted 100 odd trees in 4 hours start to finish. That wouldn't be bad going in good ground I reckon never mind rock and roots. I'm hoping the compost makes up for the tiny planting holes

Planted 100 odd trees in 4 hours start to finish. That wouldn't be bad going in good ground I reckon never mind rock and roots. I'm hoping the compost makes up for the tiny planting holes
In some ways, putting nutrient directly at the roots can stunt the growth of the tree, it's known as a planting tomb. Doesn't look like a lot so you'll most likely be fine.

Not bothered about stunting, much more worried about death. These will be trimmed to about 30 inches tall so as long as they dont die I'm happy out

Sometimes it’s May when both these are out in the one day never mind early April !!! Customer had a field with a good cover of grass but bad with chickweed in spots so decided to mow it and will bale it next week and then spray the dirt in a week or so to clean it up .

Attachments

• 847CB5DA-3D3F-4176-B9F9-79421E5DB9BF.jpeg
    847CB5DA-3D3F-4176-B9F9-79421E5DB9BF.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 87
  • C7B52CEC-B256-4C1E-8145-D42DDFEA7EE6.png
    C7B52CEC-B256-4C1E-8145-D42DDFEA7EE6.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 86
Used give a few weeks in Fethard summertime as a youngster, Carnivan and Baginbun were the go to beaches.
Still the top spots around besides duncannon, some chaos down there for parking at the height of the summer.

Sometimes it’s May when both these are out in the one day never mind early April !!! Customer had a field with a good cover of grass but bad with chickweed in spots so decided to mow it and will bale it next week and then spray the dirt in a week or so to clean it up .
is that a flat mower? would you find it hard to rake that short stuff compare to tedding? only thinking about a mower myself

Doing an experiment today. Planting a hedge on a stone and sod bank full of roots from old bushes.

Got small bare root beech plants and a 45mm drill bit. Filled the holes with compost and watered well. Fingers crossed they take.

View attachment 89744
We planted a bit of a laurel hedge a few years ago that way. We used a crowbar to make the holes. Every plant grew perfectly.

is that a flat mower? would you find it hard to rake that short stuff compare to tedding? only thinking about a mower myself
It’s a conditioner mower, flat mowed grass is a little harder lift tho , the early short grass is harder rake anyway no matter what mows it as the grass is normally very sticky

Back