Todays Photo

IIRC that was in a large polytunnel?
What are the tines on the back of the drill plough for?
Yeah probably was around the time we finished off the new ones,

I think the idea of the tines is to sort of knock down the tops a little as they tend to have quite a pointy top after it but tbh I normally just leave them up as I can’t really see any advantage🤔

What have you the bridge tied down to?
Is it to keep the ball cock from getting stuck down under the bridge. The bridge on our one was very heavy

What company is making them
It came with an eyebolt screwed to the floor and a strap, the salesperson from Murphy Concrete said they had problems with cows nudging the top cover sideways so they came up with this idea. I have over 20 bottom fill 140 gallon troughs from them already but they had none left in stock and wouldn’t have for a few weeks so I took some 150 gallon topfills instead. The ballcock won’t come near the top lid to get stuck, the lid is merely protection but I can see how it could slide sideways despite weighing close to 50kg.

My one Is a 225 gallon one from glanbia. I had to put the bridge down with the pallet fork with a chain around it. I don't think it will ever move

I have all plastic troughs now , and id sooner concrete , but the 3 or 4 concrete troughs that i did have , all bursted from frost .
I hear a lot talking about the Murphy troughs . How do they last frostwise ?
I drain mine every winter so no problems. They have a perfect taper upwards so technically speaking a layer of frost should be able to push itself free upwards.

I got 300 gallon concrete ones and have 4 of them at my new shed great job.
I have some of the bigger ones too but find they’re quite wide, nearly more suitable for two sides of a ditch. Not dairy here so not such a need for the bigger capacities.

Back