Todays Photo

They are out now , with the sun shining it doesn't take long to dry. They cannot stay locked up all day , they have to get out . Its the OSR makes them agressive , they calm down about 3 weeks after they come off it. Like giving children coke only for 6 weeks and they get really cranky on it.

Last edited:
They are out now , with the sun shining it doesn't take long to dry. They cannot stay locked up all day , they have to get out . Its the OSR makes them agressive , they calm down about 3 weeks after they come off it. Like giving children coke only for 6 weeks and they get really cranky on it.
That's interesting stuff. It's always great to see bees around the place. How much honey would a hive produce or does it depend on location?

Nobody knows for sure but there are a lot of standing stones in the area. Few in every field around there.
We got one place not far away with 4 large stones in the corner of one field, i dunno what it is about that field but i hate working in it as i've had something happen every time. Bent the needles on the big square baler, following year left the flywheel brake on and about set it on fire and had a concrete block go through the front mower once they reseeded it!!

We got one place not far away with 4 large stones in the corner of one field, i dunno what it is about that field but i hate working in it as i've had something happen every time. Bent the needles on the big square baler, following year left the flywheel brake on and about set it on fire and had a concrete block go through the front mower once they reseeded it!!

Ya it's the opposite up there , I'd consider it a lucky sort of place.

What's the story with the stones?
It would be similar to stonehenge, just a smaller scale, there is ones here, 4 bigs flags, the biggest is about 4ft x 6ft stood up on their edge in a U shape. There have been experts here from time to time looking at them and they say it was a burial ground :rolleyes: you would dig no more than six inches deep and you hit rock. It would be a lot easier to go and dig the hole in a bog

That's interesting stuff. It's always great to see bees around the place. How much honey would a hive produce or does it depend on location?
Totally depends on the year , the swarming , the strenght of the colony going on the crop . Its a bit like sowing a crop you won't know until harvest time how they got on. If its like last summer and the weather turns bad , they will eat every drop they bring in .

Just seen @Soissons picture there of the rape and it reminded me there’s a one that was in college with me doing a bit of a photo shoot in a field of rape in Kilkenny earlier in the week 🤣

See people selling these slices now on local selling page. What will you do with them? One of the kids made this for his construction project a few years ago using one

Attachments

• 20210516_061645.jpg
    20210516_061645.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 118
Spent a bit of time trying to come up with a location for something. Eventually got this made for the job.
Virtual Mars bar to the first that gets it.

Attachments

• 34866756-882E-4FDE-B77B-8F1556EEA4E4.jpeg
    34866756-882E-4FDE-B77B-8F1556EEA4E4.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 114
  • D99228FF-33A4-472B-82DD-1B99D7478588.jpeg
    D99228FF-33A4-472B-82DD-1B99D7478588.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 114
Back