Todays Photo

Can farmers collect direct from the boat I presume bought trough a middleman ?
I’d say it’s a case of time is money for every second the boat is there so the merchant throws as many trailers as he can get at it to get it turned around quick

For a contractor. They get contractors in with either Tri axles or trailers with silage sides on to go from boat to shed. Really short draw, wouldn't have to go into c1. Easy enough job but nearly as boring as watching paint dry.

Last edited:
Yes you can but to get them to deal with you can be the issue. Your quantity is so small it’s not worth there time dealing with you . I know when millers are buying it . If they can haul it straight from the boat it’s x price . But boat has a certain time frame to be unloaded if you can’t keep up it goes to the sheds but there’s extra charges per ton for that .
Can farmers collect direct from the boat I presume bought trough a middleman ?

For a contractor. They get contractors in with either Tri axles or trailers with silage sides on to go from boat to shed. Really short draw, wouldn't have to go into c1. Easy enough job but nearly as boring as watching paint dry.

Just within the port so?
Handy haulage 😂
Tractors and trailers are used in a few ports to draw to the sheds like there, Dublin and Strokestown in New Ross but they can't be used in Belview because the sheds are outside the confines of the port area and they'd have to go on the public road, in one case only about 100 metres but enough to earn the wrath of the guardians of the law and the IRHA.

Reactions: c4l
That bucket on the crane makes the track machine looks very small, and Id say it could be a 20 tonner?
FH 215 I think. There was a JCB 20t doing another bay on the ship. On busy days/week, a friend of ours sends down his 22t as well. Had seen a 416 loaded in and an L150

An aul fella once said to me "if you see everyone else planting pig's heads then plant pig's feet." He could have been senile, or on drugs, but that never stopped me listening to anyone before. Seeing as everyone else seems to be giving up hedgecutting I have cunningly moved in the opposite direction after a hiatus of 20 years. If it doesn't work out I'll trade it in against a tweed jacket and give teaching a bash, I can regale the youngsters with all my tales of catastrophic failure :lol:

Attachments

• 20210917_193220.jpg
    20210917_193220.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 126
An aul fella once said to me "if you see everyone else planting pig's heads then plant pig's feet." He could have been senile, or on drugs, but that never stopped me listening to anyone before. Seeing as everyone else seems to be giving up hedgecutting I have cunningly moved in the opposite direction after a hiatus of 20 years. If it doesn't work out I'll trade it in against a tweed jacket and give teaching a bash, I can regale the youngsters with all my tales of catastrophic failure :lol:
Met you heading out of Carlow earlier today when I was coming back with a trailer and met you in Abbeyliex heading back with the purchase . Best of luck with it .

Met you heading out of Carlow earlier today when I was coming back with a trailer and met you in Abbeyliex heading back with the purchase . Best of luck with it .
Never copped you, were you in the tractor? I did recognise you last week alright but I wasn't traveling as fast at the time :lol:

Never copped you, were you in the tractor? I did recognise you last week alright but I wasn't traveling as fast at the time :lol:
I saw you folding up last week alright , I was coming back up with a red bale trailer around 12 and I was in jeep when I met you on your return journey , you had nothing in your head today only to get the hedgecutter and start cutting !!!!

F#$king technolgy, what i typed wasnt appearing on the posts. Its a fragmentiser that in the pic i posted. Its like a forage harvester for cars......cars go in, fragments come out. Ringaskiddy was the place to be today, @c4l At the deep water berth and me at hammond lane!!!

How much a ton now ? 150 a ton at beginning of June up these parts .

Back