Topper replacement

Qaz123

Have a 6ft Fleming semi offset topper that's in its last legs, thinking of upgrading to a 9ft inline one.

Anyone have any experience of them. Just needed to get stemmy grass topped after grazing in summer and probably so light rushes

Semi offset can leave some lines where wheel tramples grass wondering will I end up with 2 lines with a 9ft inline one

Have a 6ft Fleming semi offset topper that's in its last legs, thinking of upgrading to a 9ft inline one.

Anyone have any experience of them. Just needed to get stemmy grass topped after grazing in summer and probably so light rushes

Semi offset can leave some lines where wheel tramples grass wondering will I end up with 2 lines with a 9ft inline one
You ll end up reversing around the field which isn't ideal as blades usually put on to forward cut. Have the t shirt. Would put it ahead of a 6 ft though.

Any reason not to get a fully offset mounted topper?

Disc mower is by far a better job for grass but it doesn’t suit everywhere, a topper will handle rough ground a lot easier.

But there is no comparison in an inline vs a fully off set topper.

Disc mower is by far a better job for grass but it doesn’t suit everywhere, a topper will handle rough ground a lot easier.

But there is no comparison in an inline vs a fully off set topper.
We’ve topped knocks with a disc mower with 30yrs and the only major damage done was a weld failed on the breakback. Take it easy and run them at 350rpm in rough ground and you’ll hardly bend a knife. The stay from the cover to the end of the bed probably helps to the flex out of the bed too, and a centre pivot even better again.

Back