Tough mobile phones

Do you find it bulky?
A mate of mine uses an Otterbox but looks bulky. He works in an office and carries his phone everywhere so no problem for him!!
No grand and small with the cover (never use it without the cover. afraid I’d break it ) . The 6s is a neat iPhone. The higher the number you go the phones are huge. Not practical for you pocket at all .

Reactions: AYF
Have an iPhone 7 here that’s due replacing soon enough hit had it over two years and in an otterbox case from day one. I am at the construction and mechanicing and I use the belt clip, fierce handy and doesn’t be in the way at all I find, i generally have a tape clipped to the other pocket so am used to having a bit of weight hanging off the pockets. It has withstood a lot of falls from a good height and no harm to it, the only thing that harmed the phone was tracking over it with the hitachi 160, the otterbox wasn’t up to that

Have an iPhone 7 here that’s due replacing soon enough hit had it over two years and in an otterbox case from day one. I am at the construction and mechanicing and I use the belt clip, fierce handy and doesn’t be in the way at all I find, i generally have a tape clipped to the other pocket so am used to having a bit of weight hanging off the pockets. It has withstood a lot of falls from a good height and no harm to it, the only thing that harmed the phone was tracking over it with the hitachi 160, the otterbox wasn’t up to that
Really wouldnt think that:wacko::eek3:

That could be a deal braker for me :lol::lol:

Recently went from an Iphone 5s to an SE and the reception seems to totally shite.
Seeing 'No Signal' occasionally, something I have not seen for years
Looking here now, and the SE has 2 bars, while a small nokia beside it has 5!
This article also seems to suggest that Iphones are poor in this regard
https://www.independent.ie/business...-smartphones-for-call-reception-37610978.html
Can anyone recommend a tidy phone thats good signal wise?
The Samsungs above are the size of a television

Recently went from an Iphone 5s to an SE and the reception seems to totally shite.
https://www.independent.ie/business...-smartphones-for-call-reception-37610978.html
I have a Motorola G7 play, affordable and good quality, bought off Amazon.

We are in a bad signal area and I did a bit of googling and found that you can get the phone to stop looking for 4g signal and just look for 3g signal which improved the coverage on my aul lads samsung. The link shows how to do it on an iphone. Hope it helps. https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/p...0/guides/24/Switch-between-2G-3G-4G-Apple-iOS

Am still using the cat s30 here it's still water proof, it's still o. One piece, does what I need it to do, have dropped it, run over it (in dirt admittedly) dropped on the cattle years more than once,
It's fine,
Could do with a newer one though as it only accommodates android 6 , if I get the S60 I can get an app that pairs with my hearing aids, OR I can get A TUFF phone sim o ly only for about £350 , on me £13.99 fee thing which is android 9

Hardly ever without signal on my Galaxy xcover 4. (With a cover on!)

How long have you had the xcover 4?

do you rate it?

My mrs kills phones,had 3 in the last 12 months,newest one looks like it’s been in a straw chopper.

do you rate it?

My mrs kills phones,had 3 in the last 12 months,newest one looks like it’s been in a straw chopper.

How do they do it, MRS big vern is harsh on the phones, screens broke n stuff, kids the same,

Otterbox defender cover would be my recommendation to you . I was similar here till i started using otterbox covers on the iphone .

do you rate it?

do you rate it?

This is my second. First one developed a blind spot on the screen, bought on by me using a compressor to clean the charging port!!
I do rate them. But never had anything else so....

Otterbox defender cover would be my recommendation to you . I was similar here till i started using otterbox covers on the iphone .

Trouble is I buy her the cheapest Samsung smart phone and the last one you couldn’t get an otter box for it.

I’m loath to buy her a more popular expensive model that she’ll wreck.

This is my second. First one developed a blind spot on the screen, bought on by me using a compressor to clean the charging port!!
I do rate them. But never had anything else so....

Up to last August I had am Xcover 3 for 3 years and it done me fine, I'd still have it but for my own stupidity although Massey Ferguson has to take some of the blame :whistle:
I've an Xcover 4 since and so far so good, it wasn't new when I bought it. I got it from https://ie.webuy.com/ I got a flip over cover on Ebay and like the previous phone it has saved it so far.

Reactions: AYF
Up to last August I had am Xcover 3 for 3 years and it done me fine, I'd still have it but for my own stupidity although Massey Ferguson has to take some of the blame :whistle:
I've an Xcover 4 since and so far so good, it wasn't new when I bought it. I got it from https://ie.webuy.com/ I got a flip over cover on Ebay and like the previous phone it has saved it so far.
I can't remember if I had the xcover 2 or 3 previously
The only thing that bugged me with that was lack of memory. Did years before I bought a 4.
Only because the little one came along and I had no memory to take pics to bore folk with!!

I can't remember if I had the xcover 2 or 3 previously
The only thing that bugged me with that was lack of memory. Did years before I bought a 4.
Only because the little one came along and I had no memory to take pics to bore folk with!!

Now that you mention it the memory in the 3 was poor enough but I got a micro SD card for it, have it in the 4 now. The screen on the 3 was small enough if you were inclined to use it for the web/email but that didn't bother me too much as I prefer the laptop. The screen of the 4 is slightly bigger.

Just bought a cubot king Kong 3. Fair heavy brick but looks tough and seems to have good reviews. Will report back after I drop it and see how it stands up.

I have a Motorola G7 play, affordable and good quality, bought off Amazon.

Just bought a cubot king Kong 3. Fair heavy brick but looks tough and seems to have good reviews. Will report back after I drop it and see how it stands up.

any of these phones still running and would you recommend them, the earpiece has died on my iphone after 2years, 2years and i fund all iphones diseintegrate.

I want to get a phone this time where the earpiece charging port and speaker dont get blocked with dirt like an iphone does

any of these phones still running and would you recommend them, the earpiece has died on my iphone after 2years, 2years and i fund all iphones diseintegrate.

I want to get a phone this time where the earpiece charging port and speaker dont get blocked with dirt like an iphone does
Why not get a Bluetooth earpiece to work with your existing phone.

I have 4 years of use on an android that was a flagship when I bought it and I have only had to clean the charging port once, everything else is fine. Do you get a lot of dirt on your phone in general use? I work with my hands by day and do a bit of farming in the evening, a lot of lads I know that are full time farmers work away with various iPhones and have issues with the charging port and speakers. I do use Bluetooth headphones most of the time when I'm working and they are great, just adapters for normal IEMs

I have 4 years of use on an android that was a flagship when I bought it and I have only had to clean the charging port once, everything else is fine. Do you get a lot of dirt on your phone in general use? I work with my hands by day and do a bit of farming in the evening, a lot of lads I know that are full time farmers work away with various iPhones and have issues with the charging port and speakers. I do use Bluetooth headphones most of the time when I'm working and they are great, just adapters for normal IEMs

i dont have my phone in dirty places, just for the 2days in the week that im farming, i think lifespan would be v v v short otherwise

even the regular fluff that builds up in pockets seems to block the charge port

Back