Tractor batteries

But when the engine is running the batteries only job is to get charged. If you don't have enough juice with the engine running it's a bigger alternator you need.

Only time the battery should supply current is if you have something like a winch or a 12v hydraulic setup drawing big power for a short period otherwise the alternator needs to meet demand, especially from electronics

He says he turned off the plough computer? I may wire it into the deadman but modern deadman switches are complicated, so was hoping to avoid it.20210320_164600.jpg20210320_164552.jpg

The plough has it's wiring harness, so wired straight to the batteries.
Would it be worth wiring the ploughs harness through a heavy duty relay so that once the key is off the ploughs harness is off too?

Would it be worth wiring the ploughs harness through a heavy duty relay so that once the key is off the ploughs harness is off too?
The automatic deadman is just a bit more complicated than I had expected, I may wire it in properly when I have a bit of time, not that difficult.

Looking for a battery for the Ford 6600, I've recharged it but it still needs a jump to get it going from cold, it will restart when it's warm but loses it's charge after a few days.

There's currently a Banner Buffalo Bull Super Heavy Duty with a date of April 2008 marked on it so that has had a good run anyway.
Anyone know what the code is for the correct battery ? Can't see any details on the sticker, do the numbers stamped on it means anything 0608 Z & XV04 Z

I've had a look on a couple battery websites but they aren't very helpful.
Dimensions are 475mm L x 205mm W x 215mm H (including the poles 190 +25)
The battery tray could probably take 490mm L x 210mm W

Full battery.jpg

Battery.jpg

Looking for a battery for the Ford 6600, I've recharged it but it still needs a jump to get it going from cold, it will restart when it's warm but loses it's charge after a few days.

There's currently a Banner Buffalo Bull Super Heavy Duty with a date of April 2008 marked on it so that has had a good run anyway.
Anyone know what the code is for the correct battery ? Can't see any details on the sticker, do the numbers stamped on it means anything 0608 Z & XV04 Z

View attachment 90917

View attachment 90916
I’ve the Varta equivalent of a 627 here and it’s measuring the same length and approx 185mm wide. I think the 637 batteries are the same length but slightly wider so I’d be thinking it’s a 637 but I could be very wrong also.

As an aside, I saw a 2008 Toyota with an original Toyota stamped Varta battery in it recently. The car is approaching 300k km, incredible service from a battery!

The right battery is a 622...but the specifications for it say 513mm (L)x216(W)x207(H). Give or take a mm on W and H depending on make and Ah.
I think the battery retailers/manufacturers measure the maximum sizes,therefore the top is usually longer and wider than the bottom of the battery. Therefore they say the top is 513mm but the bottom length is more likely to be 490 +/-5mm.

Last edited:

View attachment 90917

View attachment 90916
Just checked on a 4000 here. Rough measurement of the tray is 20” x 8.5”.approx. Same tray size as a ford 6600. Anyway the battery in the picture attached fill the tray.
Just checked on a 4000 here. Rough measurement of the tray is 20” x 8.5”.approx. Same tray size as a ford 6600. Anyway the battery in the picture attached fill the tray.

Attachments

• 1893096D-F37F-4685-8A5A-0651475E77BC.jpeg
    1893096D-F37F-4685-8A5A-0651475E77BC.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 39
Back