Tractor Diesel tanks connecting hose

CavanJacks

having to replace the above on a m.f 6270 quite often.last done new 17months ago.lasted not awhole while longer the previous time.
Genuine m.f part used.cab mountings appear ok.anyone else with this too frequent issue??

What size is the hose and are there special fittings on it? Simular pipe went on our 3350 22mm inner diameter. Just got some on ebay.

2inch hose.it woud be alittle unique in that it's a spiral type connecting hose.so as to allow movement in its self with tractor movement.

having to replace the above on a m.f 6270 quite often.last done new 17months ago.lasted not awhole while longer the previous time.
Genuine m.f part used.cab mountings appear ok.anyone else with this too frequent issue??
Is the hose breaking in the same area every time. Never had issues with that hose in any of the Ferguson’s here .

There's something doing a lot of moving that shouldn't be if it's eating through hoses like that. Another area often overlooked is the quality of the rubber in piping. Bio diesels will eat ordinary rubber. I would assume though that genuine mf replacements have that covered?.

There's something doing a lot of moving that shouldn't be if it's eating through hoses like that. Another area often overlooked is the quality of the rubber in piping. Bio diesels will eat ordinary rubber. I would assume though that genuine mf replacements have that covered.

It appears perished. this tractor is kept in the shed when not in use ,so not like it's over exposed to weather or frequent water exposure .
all i can think of from my end is she can be parked up for weeks at a time in the winter and a good sup of diesel in the tanks .if diesel settles on it More for that reason causing the perishing/cracks???

just thought i may not have being only one with this issue on a 62 series.

Thats rubber degradation is it's perishing and I'm fairly sure its the bio diesel content of modern diesel fuel is the cause. You need Viton rubber to withstand diesel today.

Thats rubber degradation is it's perishing and I'm fairly sure its the bio diesel content of modern diesel fuel is the cause. You need Viton rubber to withstand diesel today.
My understanding is that there is not supposed to be bio diesel in agricultural diesel, only bio in road diesel, the change to ag diesel was to make it all low sulphur.

I changed the pipes on the tm here about 2 years ago two little 3 inch pipes and a steel pipe under the tractor join the two tanks they were badly perished and started leaking one day. The pipes i took off had a date stamped in them like 06/00 so im fairly sure they were the original pipes.

Lads picture attached of the connecting hose between the two diesel tanks on mf 6270 fitted new genuine mf part out of main dealers only 9 months ago.

it doesn’t look too good. any more ideas on what issue might be??

Attachments

• 20200507_192553.jpg
    20200507_192553.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 107
Lads picture attached of the connecting hose between the two diesel tanks on mf 6270 fitted new genuine mf part out of main dealers only 9 months ago.

Is there much or any movement between the two tanks if pulled or pushed hard? They are perishing cracks but could also be caused by a lot of movement or vibration. Hoses like that are usually designed to concertina for fitting primarily and then for slight movement when fitted. I'd be getting a decent rubber fuel type hose from a spares shop, bet the genuine one wasn't cheap either.

That's fair rotten looking. What has the dealers said?

no loose movement on either diesel tank, so appear fine there. cab bushings seem ok also. tractor basically had the hedge trimmer on since hose was replaced so wasn't running hard round the roads.

also wouldn't have spent a night outside of a shed since.i did think sometime ago that her lying up over the winter maybe for weeks at a time wasn't helping the hose with diesel at that level in the tanks. but surely not credible after only 9 months.

Haven't yet spoke with the dealer. wanted a opinion or two here first. thanks.

Update on this. Called with the main dealer who supplied the hose. spoke with the boss man and showed him the above photo.

hadn't any credible suggestions as to what might be causing the problem. diesel was suggested.

he wouldn't give me the replacement hose without first charging the new hose to my account.basically i have to return the old hose and they he claims will return it to massey and it will be them who will make the call on it being a valid warranty claim?

i wouldn't be used to making warranty claims in garages so would have thought the dealer could still make the call on a €70 part??

Update on this. Called with the main dealer who supplied the hose. spoke with the boss man and showed him the above photo.

hadn't any credible suggestions as to what might be causing the problem. diesel was suggested.

he wouldn't give me the replacement hose without first charging the new hose to my account.basically i have to return the old hose and they he claims will return it to massey and it will be them who will make the call on it being a valid warranty claim?

i wouldn't be used to making warranty claims in garages so would have thought the dealer could still make the call on a €70 part??
That's bad form out of the dealer imo. The cost to him of the part would be even less

Back