Tractor Diesel tanks connecting hose

Update on this. Called with the main dealer who supplied the hose. spoke with the boss man and showed him the above photo.

hadn't any credible suggestions as to what might be causing the problem. diesel was suggested.

he wouldn't give me the replacement hose without first charging the new hose to my account.basically i have to return the old hose and they he claims will return it to massey and it will be them who will make the call on it being a valid warranty claim?

i wouldn't be used to making warranty claims in garages so would have thought the dealer could still make the call on a €70 part??
Mf warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on
I had a brake master cylinder go on my 7480
Only lasted a few months, dealer said yes I'll get a claim on that.....still waiting....
Mf will only give 12 month on parts if mf fit the parts ......otherwise its 3 or 6 months

Update on this. Called with the main dealer who supplied the hose. spoke with the boss man and showed him the above photo.

hadn't any credible suggestions as to what might be causing the problem. diesel was suggested.

he wouldn't give me the replacement hose without first charging the new hose to my account.basically i have to return the old hose and they he claims will return it to massey and it will be them who will make the call on it being a valid warranty claim?

i wouldn't be used to making warranty claims in garages so would have thought the dealer could still make the call on a €70 part??
That is a poor show.
Dealer will make that back out of you in another deal down the line.
I bet it's "the first one I've seen" too?

Dad had that on a linkage part for an Internash years ago. Dealer had the merv to say dad was obviously rough on the tractor was the only one doing it.
Walking out he came across a friend carrying the same part! He was on his third and knew of others.....
Dealer lost a lot of business after that!

Yes I suppose the diesel would rot the hose from the out side in like that,,,,,, canny dealer that,,,, he must be kin daft man

I myself believe it's the offset from the top tank to the bottom tank that the hose isn't able to deal with. if you look at the photo you can see the stress on the hose from that.

I've looked at a few other 62 series and the offset appears not as much. I'm not aware of mine having a modification of any sort.

Attachments

• 20200507_192553.jpg
    20200507_192553.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 54
I myself believe it's the offset from the top tank to the bottom tank that the hose isn't able to deal with. if you look at the photo you can see the stress on the hose from that.

I've looked at a few other 62 series and the offset appears not as much. I'm not aware of mine having a modification of any sort.
Thats why it has the folds in it though, to deal with the offset.
How much is it BTW?

Difference here is its being replaced already 3 times in 5 years. all so called genuine massey part each time. same result. yes insanity i know.

Looks like the rubber isn't able for uv light. I left a mountain bike tube on a table rolled up and the bit facing the sun is like that all cracked. The bit away from the sun is fine. What did the back of the pipe look like

Looks like the rubber isn't able for uv light. I left a mountain bike tube on a table rolled up and the bit facing the sun is like that all cracked. The bit away from the sun is fine. What did the back of the pipe look like
If that's all that's wrong it's easily fixed, cable tie a rag or similar over the pipe, more likely the problem is crap quality rubber in the MF part.

I will see what massey say on warranty. but will have to try and source a alternative hose like burdizzo suggests and try it .

Just a update on this for any future reference. Returned the hose in photo to the main dealer. He had a lighter line from him regarding warranty and charging my account with any new hose handed out to me, while awaiting what massey would say.

No issue with a straight replacement hose.all parts sold come with 12 months warranty was all he said and handed me the hose and away with me.

(How will i face him this time next year or sooner when she fails again??)

Anyway i don't expect it to last more than 3years tops, still trying to find a suitable alternative hose for then.

Just a update on this for any future reference. Returned the hose in photo to the main dealer. He had a lighter line from him regarding warranty and charging my account with any new hose handed out to me, while awaiting what massey would say.

No issue with a straight replacement hose.all parts sold come with 12 months warranty was all he said and handed me the hose and away with me.

(How will i face him this time next year or sooner when she fails again??)

Anyway i don't expect it to last more than 3years tops, still trying to find a suitable alternative hose for then.
Any further issue with that hose . Had to do the hose connecting the diesel tanks on a 5475 today in work . Original hose was a thick rubber hose 2 short pieces 4" long and a steel pipe in the middle . No give or flex in it . Got a radiator pipe from the local hydraulic place to fix it .

Any further issue with that hose . Had to do the hose connecting the diesel tanks on a 5475 today in work . Original hose was a thick rubber hose 2 short pieces 4" long and a steel pipe in the middle . No give or flex in it . Got a radiator pipe from the local hydraulic place to fix it .
Is it oil resistant hose? Should be written on the outside of the hose. Won't last long otherwise, it'll swell, split and dump the oil out unfortunately.

Dont know that . It was mentioned to them it was for diesel and they said it would do the job .
Is it oil resistant hose? Should be written on the outside of the hose. Won't last long otherwise, it'll swell, split and dump the oil out unfortunately.

Back