Tractor Mounted Maize Harvester/Chopper

Ó hÉidin

I may be losing it, but i’m fairly sure i passed a 2 row maize harvester on a trailer this morning headed southbound on the M7, it was at the monasterevin junction so could be headed anywhere in munster (at a guess)

is anyone using one of these in Ireland? Or is it likely to be for a Vintage run (although this one looked very new)

Ozzy Scott

I may be losing it, but i’m fairly sure i passed a 2 row maize harvester on a trailer this morning headed southbound on the M7, it was at the monasterevin junction so could be headed anywhere in munster (at a guess)

is anyone using one of these in Ireland? Or is it likely to be for a Vintage run (although this one looked very new)
Boys in cork that bale allot of maize had one on reverse drive Valtra

Cork

It hardly was for doing trials .
That’s what I’m thinking too. Could be the department of Agriculture.

I think Goldcrop are going at their maize trials tomorrow but that’s with a regular harvester. I generally avoid the operation so I just told them where the Smyth weighing trailer is....

Fendt516

What would yas think of these to bring the harvest into house anyone seen any like them around

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123-165409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123-165409_Samsung Internet.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 81

Ó hÉidin

The xerion would be a bit better but still no comparison to a self propelled.
I would agree, but it gives you versatility as krone could very easily set up reverse drive mowers and they’ll no doubt get into the big merger market.

thinking a bit further down the line

slurryboy

Would be aimed at a few of the contractors on the continent who pick grass up with wagons and then have a forager for maize. Can use the tractor on a big wagon all summer then onto chopping rather than a forager sat there all summer

Ó hÉidin

Would be aimed at a few of the contractors on the continent who pick grass up with wagons and then have a forager for maize. Can use the tractor on a big wagon all summer then onto chopping rather than a forager sat there all summer
Agree with that and no doubt will suit the big UK tillage farms that have invested in digesters. A 500hp cultivations tractor that could chop 1000’s of acres of maize once the drilling is done.