Tractors & Machinery at Work Pics.

Forager Friday
🎬

Curran Agri on the first day carting with his brand new Hi-Spec K40 Kompactor & NH T8040
🚜

Never seen one working. Does the harvester have to stop every now and again while he compacts the load?

Nope. Can do it on the go while filling
Would he eventually get to the stage where the back 80% of the load is compacted so the harvester has to be filling the front 20% while he is compacting ending up with grass dropping in front of the packer Or am I overthinking it?

Would he eventually get to the stage where the back 80% of the load is compacted so the harvester has to be filling the front 20% while he is compacting ending up with grass dropping in front of the packer Or am I overthinking it?
Way Ive seen vids of it is the harvester would filling at the back while it can be compacting and slowly bring the front forward if you get me. with how soft the ground is this year, the compactor wouldn't get much use I would think

He has some nice gear anyway.
Someone did ask me over the weekend if Walshes had a second harvester on the go.

This is a photo i took on the first round of a 26 acre field of ryegrass and red clover we silaged last week, one of the biggest crops i've mowed, all organic so no fertilizer, only 100hp tractor but i was down to 5mph on the up hill bits.
Photo0014.jpg
We normally cut around 65 acres to fill the pit, this year we managed to get 44 in, 290 round bales off the remaining 23 acres, might have tried to get some as hay because the weather was so good to save on wrap but they'd already rowed most of it in, stopped them rowing the last field which we've baled as small bales.

Photo0021.jpg

This is a photo i took on the first round of a 26 acre field of ryegrass and red clover we silaged last week, one of the biggest crops i've mowed, all organic so no fertilizer, only 100hp tractor but i was down to 5mph on the up hill bits.
View attachment 93446
We normally cut around 65 acres to fill the pit, this year we managed to get 44 in, 290 round bales off the remaining 23 acres, might have tried to get some as hay because the weather was so good to save on wrap but they'd already rowed most of it in, stopped them rowing the last field which we've baled as small bales.

View attachment 93447

That's an impressive yield , all the more so , with no fertiliser.

I thought mowing red clover was a no no ?

That's an impressive yield , all the more so , with no fertiliser.

I thought mowing red clover was a no no ?
I've not heard that, I've always used it to build fertility, obviously you've got the nitrogen fixing but it's also got deep roots which helps with soil conditioning and is drought resistant as well, i know some people haven't got on well making baled silage with it but it always seems ok to me. If it's baled too wet i can be a bit heavy and slimy, but that's true of any silage. last year i mowed all the third cut myself and it takes a fair while to knock 60 acres off with a 10' mower on a 100hp tractor between milkings, and when the lads turned up to bale it the last field i mowed hadn't been down long enough, i didn't like asking the lads to come back another day as they were busy so i let them bale it but it was heavy stuff. i made the mistake of stacking the first couple of loads 3 high before i realised they'd go flat as pancakes if i did that, so i put the rest in singles. the flat ones looked rum stuff but the cows liked them better than the dry ones.

Back