Tractors & Machinery at Work Pics.

Hard to imagine a guy driving that good a combine is inexperienced but the reel is way too low and too fast in my opinion.
I would normally only have it dropping a little bit below the heads and rolling at a pace the same as the combine forward speed. It’s whole purpose is just to hold the crop for the knife and gently rest it onto the auger when cut. Of course all of that changes in a lodged crop.
Quite, only needs. to be in far enough and fast enough to pull it onto the bed.
Given how low he had it, I didn't think it was turning fast enough. If you notice the reel is pushing the crop instead of pulling.

Yea, I see what your saying there after watching again, it does look to be pushing the crop but is that because the crop hasn’t time to get between the bars they are coming round so fast. If the height was corrected, it would need to be slowed down also I think.

Reactions: Paw
If you have the reel turning slowly you can feed the straw in heads last and it makes it very easy on the combine and trashes well. It works best on long straw like tall Oats.
I would not cut a lot of Barley but sometimes if it is tangled just let the reel turn very fast.

Tillage Tuesday
📷

Winter Barley Harvest July 2021
🌾

Image00001.JPG

Image00002.JPG

Image00003.JPG

Image00004.JPG

Image00005.JPG

Image00006.JPG

Image00007.JPG

only a machine my dad could dream of if it could fit in through some of the gates

Back