Trailed furrow press

Delighted with it john . Trying to post a video but it won't work. 21 seconds long. How short must vids be to post

With the new press arm and the new decals on it, everyone will think you have a brand new plough bought Cork :laugh:

I've just noticed, Cork has sprayed his rowcrop wheels already to suit the Fendt :laugh::eek3::smile:
Now he couldn’t have Yellow wheels on a new Fendt, get sick looking at it.
Nice job on the press arm, good to see the photos of the headstock dismantled if I ever need to do anything to mine.

More weight on the rear requires more weight on the front.
The 9” grinder had a bit of work in cutting the weights to fit. They didn’t go away with the last tractor so no harm to put them to use. Grey paint will be added over the winter. Total weight 990kg.
Frame will be used for moving the press between fields but not on road as the load would be to high for the front axle at high speeds.

376488F0-9F7B-4EB8-AB49-426D490E1E74.jpeg2F773891-3E75-4E01-94DA-3CA8A2F0D56A.jpeg

The 9” grinder had a bit of work in cutting the weights to fit. They didn’t go away with the last tractor so no harm to put them to use. Grey paint will be added over the winter. Total weight 990kg.
Frame will be used for moving the press between fields but not on road as the load would be to high for the front axle at high speeds.

View attachment 83030View attachment 83031
I’m curious why cut them as oppose to pop them on outside given the space or are you going to add more?

Wow,would of nearly been a better idea to get a few 40kg deere weights rather than cutting.
I did consider that but couldn’t be arsed going looking for them. With so many lads into doing up older Deere’s, the 40’s might be in demand. Had the heap of 50’s here anyway. Also have a 110kg weight holder too if I need another lump.
Actually easier to cut them than I expected. Only used a couple of discs cutting them all.

View attachment 83030View attachment 83031
Would you be able to rotate it and carry it with the weights away from the tractor for other jobs if you weren’t carrying the press? There’d be a fair bit of more leverage with it turned 180 degrees.

Back