Trailed furrow press

Would you be able to rotate it and carry it with the weights away from the tractor for other jobs if you weren’t carrying the press? There’d be a fair bit of more leverage with it turned 180 degrees.
The brackets aren’t set up with that in mind but it could be doable. I don’t really need any more weight than this to be honest.
It can be used on the rear links too for loader work. The tractor came with its own 870kg block too.
Front wheel weights would be a solution too but more effort to put on or remove. I’ve heard it said that front wheel weights can put the front suspension into too much tension at times.

I did consider that but couldn’t be arsed going looking for them. With so many lads into doing up older Deere’s, the 40’s might be in demand. Had the heap of 50’s here anyway. Also have a 110kg weight holder too if I need another lump.
Actually easier to cut them than I expected. Only used a couple of discs cutting them all.
Well if your going cutting more let me know,8 or 10 spurious 50 kg ones here..... be a sin to cut a good one

Anybody running a Cross roller with the paddles and tines on it?

What kind of a job does it do and is it hard to pull

Have one here 6270 110hp just about manages it on ploughed ground I don’t put paddles too deep abd usually run it twice to level ploughing abd then sow

Anybody running a Cross roller with the paddles and tines on it?

What kind of a job does it do and is it hard to pull
We made the bad decision to buy one a few years back. Very heavy first of all to use as a roller at 730kg/metre.
As for consolidating ploughing before a seeder it only packs the first few inches and doesn't consolidate to any great depth
Not great on bearings either.
Its a typical cross engineering product. Lots of steel with not alot of design.

We made the bad decision to buy one a few years back. Very heavy first of all to use as a roller at 730kg/metre.
As for consolidating ploughing before a seeder it only packs the first few inches and doesn't consolidate to any great depth
Not great on bearings either.
Its a typical cross engineering product. Lots of steel with not alot of design.
Your press will do a far superior job in terms of firming at depth. It might be even less kg/m but the spaced rings with tapered faces penetrate so much deeper. Very effective at slicing up lumps of soil too.

Your press will do a far superior job in terms of firming at depth. It might be even less kg/m but the spaced rings with tapered faces penetrate so much deeper. Very effective at slicing up lumps of soil too.
Far far superior job. And yes it is lighter per metre. I can't remember exactly but I know the Cross was heavier. There is a paddle between each press wheel that can be raised and lowered which does a super job breaking lumps.

Your press will do a far superior job in terms of firming at depth. It might be even less kg/m but the spaced rings with tapered faces penetrate so much deeper. Very effective at slicing up lumps of soil too
Ever since we bought the roller with the paddles my father has a fascination with it, this is seconded by the land leveler. I get it very hard to convince him that it might look pretty on top but it’s doing f all after that. To please him(and keep the peace) I let him pull down most of the ground with either this year much to my frustration.
On the third last day of sowing the ploughs got well ahead and there wasn’t enough ground ready for the drill so I dropped the 4 furrow and put the 4.6m simba express on a tractor to pull down land. The difference was savage, the simba has a large dd packer and is heavy. The drilling tractor was floating on top of the ground and pulling the drill a lot easier, the drill was also leaving a way better finish and I was able to do any leveling I wanted with the leveling board on the drill as the tractor was gripping so much better. I was also having trouble with the auto steer weaving a lot after both the roller and land leveler and I couldnt figure it out until on the disced ground it went perfect , again down to the ground being firmer. I sat him him up beside me and did a few runs after the disc and after the land leveler to show him, much to his disgust I sent him home with the land leveler and told him I never wanted to see it in front of the drill again.
I do plan on seeing if I can do a conversation to disc Harrow where I can drop of the disc units and put a set of heavy spring tines and a leveling boards on like a simba Cultipress or vaddy rexius twin for pulling down ploughed land.

We’re on light ground and plough only at 7-8” maximum! On that the roller consolidated fine, I’ve also used a farm force press and while it probably consolidate better it didn’t do any levelling so the roller Is our go as it covers it pretty fast also given the width.

Back