Trailed silage harvester outfit

a 1060 would be physically smaller than an 1100 as it has the 5blade drum, the 1060 has the 4 blade drum, also being the new type.

a 1060 would outperform an 1100 up to 250hp, after that the more power wins out. Add to that the 1100 hasn’t been made since 2001.
Would you be able to put over 250hp on an 1100 without doing harm?

It’d be on its limits. I think a MK2 1100 would be a safer bet at that HP.
I think it is a mk2 1100. Got done up by that lad in tullamore a few years ago too. The 4 tractors I had in mind other than that are the jd 8400, the 6215, the 7530 or the 820 fendt. There's deffenitely plenty of choice anyway. What one would you think would be the best?

I think it is a mk2 1100. Got done up by that lad in tullamore a few years ago too. The 4 tractors I had in mind other than that are the jd 8400, the 6215, the 7530 or the 820 fendt. There's deffenitely plenty of choice anyway. What one would you think would be the best?
vario be some job id say for it. just work it away in pedal mode

It's the last thing you would do is use pedal mode on a Vario picking up. Surely joystick all the way
I wouldnt know. I know on the 6250 if you wanted to give it a little boost or rev it up at all you can't with the pedal because John Deere seem to think the foot throttle should have nothing to do with the engine on their power command boxes. Not too sure if you can set the revs on the fendt and work away with the pedal, it's usually on the 7530 but everyone winges that it's too slow so trying to figure out a way to improve its performance.

I’d put the 8400 on it, love those tractors, just make sure the 1000 pto is able to run at 1070 rpm as thats where the JF needs to be, some of the big american tractors will limit revs as so that the PTO will not do anymore than 1000rpm. You want plenty of torque with the 5 blade drum and there is no replacement for displacement.

but in truth, any of those tractors will be fine, the setup of the harvester will make up for power, blades need to be set tight to the shearbar (<2mm) if they are any further back than that, you are just dogging the harvester. You’ll burn more diesel, make more noise and reduce your blow.

It's the last thing you would do is use pedal mode on a Vario picking up. Surely joystick all the way
I had a NH T7.230 autocommand on our 1050 last year, i stuck it into cruise at 8k with the PTO engaged the tractor then prioritises PTO speed, so if the drum comes under load and the PTO speed starts to drop, the tractor slowed down until the PTO speed recovered and the tractor then tries to recover back to that target speed of 8k. Worked well and there is an adjustment on how reactive you want the transmission to be, so if will quicy return to target/cruise speed or you can slow it down to gently return to target speed.

I’d put the 8400 on it, love those tractors, just make sure the 1000 pto is able to run at 1070 rpm as thats where the JF needs to be, some of the big american tractors will limit revs as so that the PTO will not do anymore than 1000rpm. You want plenty of torque with the 5 blade drum and there is no replacement for displacement.

but in truth, any of those tractors will be fine, the setup of the harvester will make up for power, blades need to be set tight to the shearbar (<2mm) if they are any further back than that, you are just dogging the harvester. You’ll burn more diesel, make more noise and reduce your blow.
I'd say it should, used to be used for rotavating and peeping spud beds, mainly ploughing now, was on the farmers journal last year ploughing with the 939, it's on the new low loader at the minute.

Might go down this evening or tommorow if yourmans not busy and go over the belts and chains and check the shear bar for wear and set it, aren't they double sided on the jfs, I know the blades are notoriously blunt on it so may sharpen them, is there a stone on it or do you have to do them all one by one. That certainly could be the problem.

I'd say it should, used to be used for rotavating and peeping spud beds, mainly ploughing now, was on the farmers journal last year ploughing with the 939, it's on the new low loader at the minute.

Might go down this evening or tommorow if yourmans not busy and go over the belts and chains and check the shear bar for wear and set it, aren't they double sided on the jfs, I know the blades are notoriously blunt on it so may sharpen them, is there a stone on it or do you have to do them all one by one. That certainly could be the problem.
Bring plenty of WD40 if the shearbar hasn’t been reversed in a few years. The bolts will be bound.

if the profile is gone off the blade sharpening them is a waste of time. Just replace them

the boys from tullamore could have updated the drum and feed rollers to 1360 spec .be worth checking out as that 1100 could handle 300 hp if it has

Seen a black coloured mf with a jf 1060 turning into a field , oldcastle side of mountnugent.@meathmassey3 might know of.wasnt close enough to see model no but she was a big girl.looked well in black , also fleet of mfs and redrocks
Ronan Smith, it's a 1060 on its second season

Ah Jesus.
How would anyone put away a machine like that ? Even to have sprayed an oil/diesel mix on it , even of they hadn't cleaned it , Would help.
Thats the kind of buissnes that goes on here. Been lying up 3 years now. Stuck here now trying to sort out a pedal that's sticking on the manitou. Anyone got any ideas on the manitou?20210528_190100.jpg

View attachment 92472

Spotted this working this morning, both fresh looking. Not sure models of fiat or mengele as i was in a hurry. Not far from @c4l ,he might shed some light.
Wouldn't know the lads but dad has an idea. Where Kramer's court is and you get to the top of a cross roads and take the right where that road will take you down to the bridge for kinsale. They have ground down there. Dad was saying they bought grass years ago (if it's the same lads) from next door to us when the 1st owner was still in there. Where was that photo taken?

Up beside irish waste water, you can see it in background, go out of your yard turn right, take next right then left. Straight through crossroads then keep left, past church keep left again then after passing irish waste water field is on right!!!!:cool:
Theres a couple lads with fiats up that way but not sure they having 6 cylinder 2wd. Jw has f140 and f110 and mengele but might need a bit workplus he no longer keeps cattle. Other lad has a few fiats but his main workhorse is now a landini.
Is that farm still for sale beside you or have you raided the piggy bank?
Still for sale. Have heard rumours but that's been going on for a couple years. ATM he selling grass

Back