Trailed silage harvester outfit

Never liked the jf machine. The design concept is brilliant but the build quality is crap. Have older newholland harvesters here and they are built way stronger. A jf is built like a cornflakes box on washers 😂😂
jf 900 it is and a 7720s running it. She threw out a chain anyways. Shaft on one of the sprockets bent a bit and the sprocket was out of alignment

I was hoping to lift a few acres with my newly acquired Taarup 602, the original plan was to get me uncle to mow in front with his 9ft mower but he says it throws the grass out the back at the full width which would leave it too wide for the pick up of the harvester.:wacko:
There's a 10ft JD 1365 that I could get a lend of, does anybody know if it would leave a narrow enough row for the harvester before I go asking?

I was hoping to lift a few acres with my newly acquired Taarup 602, the original plan was to get me uncle to mow in front with his 9ft mower but he says it throws the grass out the back at the full width which would leave it too wide for the pick up of the harvester.:wacko:
There's a 10ft JD 1365 that I could get a lend of, does anybody know if it would leave a narrow enough row for the harvester before I go asking?
it would no problem at all. at the top of the mower there's 2 bolts. loosen the nuts/handles and slide toward the middle. pretty simple really

Last edited:
If the crop is any way heavy you may have trouble getting that harvester to take it in, an 8ft mower may be more suitable or if using the John Deere 10ft keep out a bit only taking about 9ft to give the harvester a chance, it's easy say drive slower but the pickup is inclined to grab at the sward.
I am not familiar with this harvester model so please disredard the above if this is a big harvester capable of taking a bigger sward.

One of the Mayo people might know who this is I think he’s up that side but there’s a fella around that area running 3 trailed Jf harvesters on hire. Cuts silage with a 7720 on triple mowers, @086lavey you hardly know him ?

Is he from sligo???? He’s got a set of Mc hale triples on a 7720, might be a different man.

If the crop is any way heavy you may have trouble getting that harvester to take it in, an 8ft mower may be more suitable or if using the John Deere 10ft keep out a bit only taking about 9ft to give the harvester a chance, it's easy say drive slower but the pickup is inclined to grab at the sward.
I am not familiar with this harvester model so please disredard the above if this is a big harvester capable of taking a bigger sward.
Thanks for the advice 8ft mowers seem to be scarce around here I can't think of anyone I know who still has one. I'm not too sure how well the harvester will cope with a big row someone on here will know better than me. Here's a video of one working if that's any use?

Did he have a the Lamborghini equivalent of a Titan 190 at one point?
I wouldn't know to be honest. I only know him from doing work for a big dairy farm near here. He would only be 30 minute drive from here but it would be the far side of the ox mountains so hes working in a complete different area.

Thanks for the advice 8ft mowers seem to be scarce around here I can't think of anyone I know who still has one. I'm not too sure how well the harvester will cope with a big row someone on here will know better than me. Here's a video of one working if that's any use?
I know the 8ft mowers are gone out a long time now. That harvester in the link seems to be flying and the sward is left wide from the mower, I'd certianly be looking to have it narrowed if I were picking it up.

Last edited:
I know the 8ft mowers are gone out a lomg time now. That harvester in the lonk seems to be flying and the sward is left wide from the mower, I'd certianly be looking to have it narrowed if I were picking it up.
I’d agree if you wanted to keep it right be era a Taarup 307 or a JF 245 would leave a lovely row for it easier pick a conditioned swath too

Last edited:
I’d agree if you wanted to keep it right be era a Taarup 307 or a JF 245 would leave a lovely row for it easier pick a conditioned swath too
I see a Taarup 336 on DD at the moment it looks clean enough. Would it be dear at €3100?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-202255.jpg
    Screenshot_20210611-202255.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 44
Back