Trailed silage harvester outfit

Would be a nice little mower, one cut a lot of stuff locally on a 5610 ford.

i’d be thinking €2500 is more than enough for it, even if it is mint.
Was the 5610 well able to drive it? I saw a lad try an 8ft taarup moco with a Massey 590 , she was her knees, maybe it after losing a few ponies !

I see a Taarup 336 on DD at the moment it looks clean enough. Would it be dear at €3100?
It's more than enough for it, I bought a 337 and used it for years, I gave 2 thousand for it,
Trouble with some old machines is you want a stand by as parts are very scarce and not widely available the days you are broke, I remember the small drive shaft going from the gearbox to the bed of the mower went on mine and a new geniue shaft was over 500 euros and thankfully not in stock, after a few trips to different machinery dealers we made up the same shaft for 40 euros

Caught up with the only drag chopper contractor outfit working in this area.
Plant hire (Diggers) are his main stay , but he breaks away for silage for a few weeks every year. Nice gear, I know he had a big Valmet 8750 or something, on the harvester before .
View attachment 93117View attachment 93118
Pit man tidying up @Agri Power and @Arthur said the would be on, to throw up the tyres.
View attachment 93119View attachment 93120
Still has the valtra,that 6210r only landed this spring,he lifted grass in the locality about 2 weeks ago and had two harvesters going.

Plant hire (Diggers) are his main stay , but he breaks away for silage for a few weeks every year. Nice gear, I know he had a big Valmet 8750 or something, on the harvester before .
Pit man tidying up @Agri Power and @Arthur said the would be on, to throw up the tyres.
Will these lads with these huge pits do a second cut. Our neighbour is on about doing one big first cut this year instead of 2.

What is the bucket he is using? Or is it purpose built for the job?

Is that Tully's fleet from drumlish.fine outfit

You are a hard man on gear jf!

I worked the JF one day , longer draws , none more than 1.5 miles, and we had 3 tractors and trailers drawing . That video day was the next day , and I was finishing mowing with the 12145 , and that's the elder son . I wouldnt spare it much more than that .
You should see the other son on the pit with the 10641 , if you want to see shoving it on .

Those are only 8 ft rows , so performance is not as exciting as you might think .
Best output , in a newly taken in hand piece of ground , that needs a lot of nourishment, hence middling yield , was 16 acres in 4 hours 20 minutes .

Back