Trailer colours, beacon use, etc

Sorry for the delay @ithastopay in splitting this out.

Hopefully the thread title captures it all otherwise I will be prepared to-be dazzled.

It's doesn't matter now Nash. He got frightened and cancelled the black trailer. He'll use the old one that's been parked in the nettles since last summer.....a safer bet.

Anyway who did he think he was ordering a black trailer????

Had you all those lights on while driving Along the road with a load of bales?

No, only while using the tractor and loader to collect them. I had to park the trailer in wide gateways and haul the bales back. I won't be doing it again unless there's a flag person either side of me to slow down the traffic. I was scared senseless with some of the driving.

Just to mirror the comments about black at night, i was very lucky on the 18th of Jan with a black car (albeit with no lights on) backing out onto the road from a rural property at 11pm on a rainy night heading back from the millstreet show. Only saw it when i was 30m away and i was doing 50mph. Still shudder now. By the grace of god managed to steer enough so that the impact was on my passenger’s side, and that i somehow missed the concrete pillar on the other side of the road as i was shunted.

I’ll never have a dark coloured vehicle again, of any sort.

We have had Black cars since 2000 and never even crossed my mind that about not being seen
When you think about it, you would think that car manufacturers would have some sort of reflection built into the side of vehicles nowadays.

We have had Black cars since 2000 and never even crossed my mind that about not being seen
When you think about it, you would think that car manufacturers would have some sort of reflection built into the side of vehicles nowadays.
We'l see the boy racers with 3m tape splashed across their civics next!

Certain American chemical companies with personel here won't allow their salespeople drive black cars for health and safety reasons.

Certain American chemical companies with personel here won't allow their salespeople drive black cars for health and safety reasons.

I have heard that before. American companies take safety very seriously. I believe that some of the computer companies insist that when employees are parking that the always reverse into the parking space. Apparently there is statistics to show a lot of people injured or worse by cars reversing out of spaces .

On the colour issue, I think that a bright colours are a help particularly on sometime like a long trailer or tanker. With the best lights available,there's always the time when the cable gets damaged or the plug falls out.
Take Major tanks with the yellow mudguards.

I'm not a fan of anything black but by default I ended up with a black jeep,main fault with it is the fact it shows up muck.:tdown:

There the ones going to Australia going by a Facebook post from smyths . There fitted with everything weighcells and forced steering. So I'd say that's what's there .
Isn't it mad that something as simple as a silage trailer made in Ireland is been shipped to the other side of the world.

Especially since the iron ore may have come from Australia already.
Great to see some proper export manufacturing all the same.

There the ones going to Australia going by a Facebook post from smyths . There fitted with everything weighcells and forced steering. So I'd say that's what's there .
Isn't it mad that something as simple as a silage trailer made in Ireland is been shipped to the other side of the world.
You would think the transport cost would kill it totally

You would think the transport cost would kill it totally
It's nuts the things that are built the other end of the world.
A mate is building palm oil processing gear on Anglesey, destined for Africa!

What’s all that gadgetry under the body towards the front of the trailer?

That was one of the ones heading out to mexico to robinson farms she was 26ftx9ft and 28ft on top when the higher sides were fitted . Dont thing these had weigh cels they had air suspension and forced steering and extra leds includeing reverse lights on nack and half way up the length the trailer ..There very well finished .

Back