Tri-axle Lowloader queries

It stops no bother with it though. The tractor fully equipped with air brakes aswell as the trailer, it also has an exhaust brake too should you need it. As mentioned early my greatest concern would be the stress on the hitch, stopping it is not a problem, can be stopped as handy. As a comparison would take me longer to stop my uncles chieftain with its hydraulic brakes pulling the 13 tonne digger with a t140 Valtra. Again I'm not trying to make excuses, trying to figure out how to get it to the stage where its legal, has anyone the exact figures, would thd spoon hitch be of any benefit? It's a great outfit and works well just trying to figure out how to make it completely legal.đź‘Ť
If you want to be legal with the loads you “ claim “ to be pulling then invest in a Lorry & proper Trailer on Air ffs.

As regards purchasing of a New Low Loader, if you are pricing household makes with similar spec there will be little or nothing in the price I’d wager.
Depending on popularity of the Trailer the wait can be the biggest issue.

Newer brands onto the market are riskier business as if issues occur then it’s a battle to get sorted imo.

Did I hear that Hogg for example isn’t selling direct anymore and all sales are through Forgie in the North. That tells you they know it’s muddy water as regards he said, you said if the shit hits the fan afterwards.

We’re one bad accident away from Tractor & Low Loaders in the Plant game being severely clamped down upon.

Steel prices are the same for everyone, it’s the axles, braking systems, rams etc where the price & quality will obviously vary.

Am I right to say a tractor drawn low loader regardless of length etc is only legally insured to tow 19 tonne? Of course lads are pulling way & above those weights but I’d imagine if something happened insurance would be out the window.

A fella I know was so fuddled with rules etc he bought a Truck & Trailer for the job.

Last time I read my insurance it was covered for 24.39 ton, not sure if there is any weight bracket for tax on a tractor.

Last time I read my insurance it was covered for 24.39 ton, not sure if there is any weight bracket for tax on a tractor.
Not sure but there is a general haulage category which tractor doing low loader and dumper work on site I think is supposed to have by right as it’s not agricultural

Well I'll tell ya stay well away from hogg if you're in a rush for one, must have taken them at least 3 to 4 months to make it and they're not the easiest crowd to deal with or contact. Yourman I work for got one here, 32ft, Air and hydraulic brakes, heavily load it pulls so far would be the 2 13 tonne diggers. Not to impressed with the quality. The hubs of the axles are starting to rust already and it only a few months old, the stickers are also starting to fall off it, the eye of the trailer had to be lowered a bit too as it prevented the tails from lowering fully without having to back the tractor a bit. It does follow the tractor incredibly well though for a trailer with no steering axle, also the ramps can be widened or pulled in individually. Not the worst trailer but certainly not the best. View attachment 101816Not the best picture of it but I'll get one next time I'm at it.
Well I'll not let rip yet but tell you one thing last time I'll ever jump on bandwagon off what Grassmen advertise. Got sucked into the Hogg malarkey when should of researched alot better even though visited factory to see trailers been made and looked fine setup and finish looked top quality anyway went ahead bought 33ton low loader and a 20 ton dump trailer. Was to take 4 weeks took near 6 months. Three loads 2 130 case a 145 case and then 240 komatsu. And below are results. Less that 20hours later lowloader. And dumptrIler I'd say guess 40 hours. Had to drive from.cavan last week to drop back up to get sorted. Some coins giving out for that shite after a few days. Last two pics out Herbst bought in 2007 for 7k and before anyone says 240 komatsu to big . Herbst pics are from 2008 and 2009 and still going strong never got a weld and got 2 sets brakes and 1 new floor. in its time not helped by fact that only Tractors pull it last 5 years are 50 k
Run 2 broughan 20 ton dump trailers can't fault problems with first one suspension but owen in leinster farm had sorted in a day or two. Jpm 20 ton same time as hogg and can't really complain. But lads on Tractors said hogg is not for faint hearted tipping or behind tractor on sharp bends or at speed. Just hope they get it sorted ASAP. Cost 500 sterling delivery just to get down so I actually got lads to just drop back on tractor not ideal from cavan. I'd be hard pushed passing the Herbst again in fairness it moved some loads in 14 years with us and at 7k secondhand from mccullagh at time be long time before the Hogg owes as little. The 20 ton Hogg look closely at axles and wheels rubbing body also. I've very little confidence in both been around long at this stage but time will tell but if rest of welding bad as bits that broke time won't be long tearing her apart.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-224412_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224412_WhatsApp.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_20220119-224529_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224529_WhatsApp.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Screenshot_20220119-224425_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224425_WhatsApp.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot_20220119-224455_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224455_WhatsApp.jpg
    884 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_20220119-224441_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224441_WhatsApp.jpg
    956.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot_20220119-224510_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224510_WhatsApp.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot_20220119-224356_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224356_WhatsApp.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_20220119-225233_Business Suite.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-225233_Business Suite.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_20220119-225204_Business Suite.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-225204_Business Suite.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 223
Well I'll not let rip yet but tell you one thing last time I'll ever jump on bandwagon off what Grassmen advertise. Got sucked into the Hogg malarkey when should of researched alot better even though visited factory to see trailers been made and looked fine setup and finish looked top quality anyway went ahead bought 33ton low loader and a 20 ton dump trailer. Was to take 4 weeks took near 6 months. Three loads 2 130 case a 145 case and then 240 komatsu. And below are results. Less that 20hours later lowloader. And dumptrIler I'd say guess 40 hours. Had to drive from.cavan last week to drop back up to get sorted. Some coins giving out for that shite after a few days. Last two pics out Herbst bought in 2007 for 7k and before anyone says 240 komatsu to big . Herbst pics are from 2008 and 2009 and still going strong never got a weld and got 2 sets brakes and 1 new floor. in its time not helped by fact that only Tractors pull it last 5 years are 50 k
Run 2 broughan 20 ton dump trailers can't fault problems with first one suspension but owen in leinster farm had sorted in a day or two. Jpm 20 ton same time as hogg and can't really complain. But lads on Tractors said hogg is not for faint hearted tipping or behind tractor on sharp bends or at speed. Just hope they get it sorted ASAP. Cost 500 sterling delivery just to get down so I actually got lads to just drop back on tractor not ideal from cavan. I'd be hard pushed passing the Herbst again in fairness it moved some loads in 14 years with us and at 7k secondhand from mccullagh at time be long time before the Hogg owes as little. The 20 ton Hogg look closely at axles and wheels rubbing body also. I've very little confidence in both been around long at this stage but time will tell but if rest of welding bad as bits that broke time won't be long tearing her apart.

Wow would find it hard to believe without the pics tbh! Sorry to hear this, been at the factory also was impressed with everything there but this has thrown a curve ball, and have also heard not so good reports elsewhere. My own herbst has never gave any bother either, just general wear and tear. Thinking I might stick to what I know

Wow would find it hard to believe without the pics tbh! Sorry to hear this, been at the factory also was impressed with everything there but this has thrown a curve ball, and have also heard not so good reports elsewhere. My own herbst has never gave any bother either, just general wear and tear. Thinking I might stick to what I know
Yea I would just make sure agree back up and warrentee before pulling the trigger. In fairness shit can go wrong with the best of stuff but long as service and backup is there is main thing. Time will tell. I will get good look at same one Grassmen bought sometime I come across it and compare the quality and quantity of welding. I'll keep you posted on what way we end up when get ours back. I'm calm still as not really stuck for it but when u pay that kind of money for top quality product its hard to stomach seeing it back up road in such a short time.

Low loader floor question!
Am replacing the hardwood floor in my trailer with oak that I got sawn.
The old floor was screwed down.
A McCauley I had before,the floor was held down either end by an angle iron or channel but the timber could move slightly,no screws.
Any thoughts?

Low loader floor question!
Am replacing the hardwood floor in my trailer with oak that I got sawn.
The old floor was screwed down.
A McCauley I had before,the floor was held down either end by an angle iron or channel but the timber could move slightly,no screws.
Any thoughts?
We re done our herbst while back but just screwed it again, good job but small bit time consuming that’s all..how did you find the Macaulay? What did you change to and why?🤔

The mc auley was absolutely fine but I needed a bale trailer more than a low loader due to changing to all bale's
So I bought a 26ft trailer with hydraulic beaver tail.
It's a Steeper trailer to load a digger,not as nice as the McCauley from that point of view but much more useful to me

Back