Truckin!

It’s on air all around. It’s just dropped so low for that photo. You can lift the front bumper 16 inches off of the ground, air suspension all around is an absolute godsend for going under bridges/going over high edges/cambers or avoiding low hanging bushes, I like the look of it myself, it’s the Dutch style

Attachments

• 3A78D9E0-3A51-41BF-9A7C-10AC63D24B69.jpeg
    3A78D9E0-3A51-41BF-9A7C-10AC63D24B69.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 200
  • D6898473-642E-4315-976C-3B69427B47DA.jpeg
    D6898473-642E-4315-976C-3B69427B47DA.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 197
It’s on air all around. It’s just dropped so low for that photo. You can lift the front bumper 16 inches off of the ground, air suspension all around is an absolute godsend for going under bridges/going over high edges/cambers or avoiding low hanging bushes, I like the look of it myself, it’s the Dutch style
Must be able to override it then?

Most tractor units that come here can’t lift the axle till weight is off,never had one come fully on air though.

I like it,just not the mesh.

Must be able to override it then?

Most tractor units that come here can’t lift the axle till weight is off,never had one come fully on air though.

I like it,just not the mesh.
Ya you can override the weight thing, a lotta lads get it specced at the dealers to be able to lift it whenever ya want 👍🏻

I like it, looks well. Lot of negativity and maybe begrudgery here. Best of luck to him.
Best of luck to them is right. My posts were not meant to be begrudging, I was only giving my opinion that it wasn't to my taste the way it was done, it's not the only one that doesn't tickle my fancy but like I said each to their own. If that's what they want to spend money on I won't be standing in their way.

They are obviously passionate about their gear. He collected a sprayer here I sold a few years ago and I found him to be a nice guy and put himself out to row in with me as It was a busy time of year. As a matter of interest roughly what would that rig cost?

What does the visor do or is it just for appearance? Not for sun I presume being that low?
Spelling lorry is as far as my knowledge goes I'm afraid

Sure some lads take pride in kitting out truck similar to lads and there cars.often meant to get a bonnet bra at some stage for the jeep

Not sounding a smart man saying this but the only people that don’t like that look seem to be people not interested in lorries :2guns:no more then tractors it’s like fitting wide wheels extra lights etc....anyhow this seems to have gone off the topic of silage 2021:huh:

I can’t bring myself to like that,it’s not a Volvo,was talking with a Scania driver the other week and he was telling me how good the auto box was “Well apart from roundabouts and traffic lights then you need to use it in manual” ffs not very auto.
Brother has a scania 450 think it's I shift or something. Must say it was nice to drive the one time I got in it. Why can't they make tractors as comfortable as lorries?

We have 70 plate Volvo I shifts artic units I'd have to say the gearbox is a great to use. They have been "modified" by Volvo for use with bulk liquids so they don't constantly change up n down when you have surginging . The cab itself is well layed out n comfy we have some sleepers and some day cabs. We also have Scania 460 drawbar units on auto Boxes they are bullet proof getting a bit tired now though 17 plates most with K850 + on them. Again comfy easy to drive , have a couple off MAN autos used for liner work.... Beet place for em crap for ex farm work. The last stick shift Scania has gone back to scotland it was grand enough 3 over 3 trouble is you had a leg like Garth after day farm collecting.

Only complaint with the new Volvo's is the position and length of the mirror arms chap who designed them needs to tied to one for a week.... He soon design no to be in the hedge all time on country lanes...

Brother has a scania 450 think it's I shift or something. Must say it was nice to drive the one time I got in it. Why can't they make tractors as comfortable as lorries?
I shift is in volvos only. It was more then likely a opticruise gearbox
I can’t bring myself to like that,it’s not a Volvo,was talking with a Scania driver the other week and he was telling me how good the auto box was “Well apart from roundabouts and traffic lights then you need to use it in manual” ffs not very auto.
It depends the sort of box. The three pedal opticruise box’s have a clutch and you clutch between ranges, the two pedal opticruise box’s are auto, but can be used in a manual way too for slowing down or taking off

If it's a Scania it has Opticruise, if it has I-Shift it's a Volvo.

I shift is in volvos only. It was more then likely a opticruise gearbox

It depends the sort of box. The three pedal opticruise box’s have a clutch and you clutch between ranges, the two pedal opticruise box’s are auto, but can be used in a manual way too for slowing down or taking off
There must be different types of 3 pedal Opticruise boxes, because with the one in work the clutch pedal is only used when taking off or stopping or when reversing if you want to control it but in a forward direction once you've set off there's no need to use the pedal it changes automatically as per the 2 pedal setup.

Back