Truckin!

A couple of beauty's from Dualla show in 2019 .
20190825_144312.jpg

Lovely unit👍 spent two years doing fridge work with a 143 450. Great lorry but a pain in the backside not being able to stand up straight and get dressed!
Yeah she’s nice, he won her in a raffle. Very low mileage. Came from Greece, left hooker(nicest side to drive on in my eyes) she’s in immaculate condition, would find it hard to find one as clean as her

Yeah she’s nice, he won her in a raffle. Very low mileage. Came from Greece, left hooker(nicest side to drive on in my eyes) she’s in immaculate condition, would find it hard to find one as clean as her
I done fek all in a left hooker, but most would say the same as you. I suppose all trucks are designed as left hookers and then made rhd for UK and Irish Market. Would definitley be an advantage for euro work, rhd was a pain for that.

I done fek all in a left hooker, but most would say the same as you. I suppose all trucks are designed as left hookers and then made rhd for UK and Irish Market. Would definitley be an advantage for euro work, rhd was a pain for that.
For sure, I don’t know what it is but I find left hookers are just the perfect seating position

Tractors are in effect left hookers,gears-controls on your right etc ,I had a left hook jeep for a few years never bothered me in the slightest before the drive thru days.😃
Exactly. I’d say it’s having been used of teleporters, diggers, tractors etc that makes me like a left hooker more

Exactly. I’d say it’s having been used of teleporters, diggers, tractors etc that makes me like a left hooker more
Every year I threaten to switch my hedger over to the right,it’s just more natural and having two 1 door tractors it’s safer getting on and off etc.

Now we’ve the thread moved I’ll start about silage.🤣

And herein lies why I always like to fill a grass trailer to the right,pick up-reel ,spout and trailer all in a diagonal,the self propelled controls on your right looking to the right.

Now we’ve the thread moved I’ll start about silage.🤣

And herein lies why I always like to fill a grass trailer to the right,pick up-reel ,spout and trailer all in a diagonal,the self propelled controls on your right looking to the right.
But what about the trailer guy, controls on his right looking to the left..

Reactions: c4l
I could never figure out the reason why the beet harvester was to the left, "anybody"?
I don't know if this is true or not the reason why the hedgecutter is to the left is to go with traffic or is that just by accident!
I think @Bog Man had the beet harvester reasoning previously, hedgecutter is to go with traffic although the first few I had were RH build, I think I'd find a RH one difficult now.

What about him? All he has to do is be in the right place and speed match.
Depends who you work for. A lot of contractors around here the trailer drivers fill the trailers mostly and harvester driver just tops it off. Spout on our harvester is folded out to the left of the harvester cab and doesn’t move until we go to the next field

The crowd that make the best bearings on the market SKF, established Volvo to make bearing before heading into machinery production. Volkswagen own Scania and ,Man.
Toyota owns Hino.

Ya wouldn’t where you’d be talkin.

Last edited:
While I wasn't overly keen on the white Volvo mentioned earlier in the thread, I saw it in person in Blarney yesterday and must say it's a lot more impressive in the flesh.

Does a fella ever really get to use those light bars as most roads have oncoming traffic day or night.
The light bars I’m talking about are stainless steel bars with led marker lights on them, as against actual led work light bars
E1B73908-A486-402D-AA65-54F4677E95CD.jpeg

The work light type bar I can’t see much addition really, like the line of spot lamps. I think it’s more a styling thing than anything

Back