Truckin!

What make of Truck did McGuire the muck haulers buy the last time he went shopping. How many trucks has he got and does he even know. Is there a back story to this company because he is hauling the lowest value material and makes it look easy. Did he really buy 130 trucks at one go?
As of August last I was told McGuire has 130 lorries, then J Ryan is second after him with 100

I’ve not seen a hino for years,milk collected by Scania’s here,Lancashire is absolutely full of them because the scania dealer also collects 90% of the milk in Lancashire.

What make of Truck did McGuire the muck haulers buy the last time he went shopping. How many trucks has he got and does he even know. Is there a back story to this company because he is hauling the lowest value material and makes it look easy. Did he really buy 130 trucks at one go?
I would say he has all the main stream makes in the fleet. They do a bit more than just muck shifting, as in value added services and also containers, walking floors and plant hire. He acquired the former Coolwagon premises in Thomastown some time ago and it is now their garage/workshop with I believe state of the art equipment.

Brand new Renault 520T here yesterday,it looked well.View attachment 90602
2609781C-B988-4069-8A43-DD60B3D97852.jpeg

Pelley landed with the battered Merc this week,it’s being replaced with a 2018 Renault.

Last edited:
I would recognise a good few of the names and went to school with a few of them .

Give us names you remember, there's some in it I recognise but am at a loss for names. The lad down the N80 from you made a few appearances.

Anyone see Olly Harrison doing a photo shoot for the Scania calendar?
Well I had it in the shed yesterday,22 year old lad drives it,they’ve 20 Scanias.😲View attachment 97791
The lad who draws a lot of the lime to me with a rigid is just gone 21, he drives the artic low loader too, and is a fully qualified truck mechanic. And they say the youth of today are useless :rolleyes:
Think they have 9 or 10 Scanias at this stage.

The lad who draws a lot of the lime to me with a rigid is just gone 21, he drives the artic low loader too, and is a fully qualified truck mechanic. And they say the youth of today are useless :rolleyes:
For ever good lad there’s 10 duffers,very rare to get a young hgv driver here.

At that age he is certainly bucking the trend, I see on the news last night that the average age of a lorry driver in Ireland is now 57. Young lads don’t seem to be attracted to the job.

At that age he is certainly bucking the trend, I see on the news last night that the average age of a lorry driver in Ireland is now 57. Young lads don’t seem to be attracted to the job.
It's a mission to get all the lisences. Nearly not worth a young lads while getting one. Spending a couple of grand and to be expected to drive for nothing. It's not just truck driving too. Digger drivers and even ground workers can't be got either. There would only be around 5 out of near 30 people in my class who will go on to work on machinery or go on to do an apprenticeship. Had a great discussion with Peter Farrelly today about it.

Back