Ts115 PTO stopped working

Diarmuidk115

I was power harrowing with my ts115 today and the PTO just stopped working, when I turn on the PTO it makes an attempt to turn it but it wont, No difference in 540 or 1000, what would be my problem?

As in an attempt does it light up for a second or so and then cut out? Our 8240 done this turned out the pipe going over the top of the back-end to the solenoid had developed a hairline crack made the pro cut out

As in an attempt does it light up for a second or so and then cut out? Our 8240 done this turned out the pipe going over the top of the back-end to the solenoid had developed a hairline crack made the pro cut out
Yes that's what it's doing, strange it just suddenly stopped, I'll have a look at that . Thanks

I was power harrowing with my ts115 today and the PTO just stopped working, when I turn on the PTO it makes an attempt to turn it but it wont, No difference in 540 or 1000, what would be my problem?
It might the the 540/1000 lever not engaging fully.

Does it spin with the power harrow shaft disconnected.

Where’s the solenoid on them?

You can check a solenoid with a bolt to check if it’s pulling,or use a stong magnet on the stem to fool it.

Unfortunately solenoid is inside the back-end! Could probaby test it by wiring direct and bypass the switch. The wires for it enter through a gromet behind the diesel tank.

You may find the insulation has gone off the wires from the grommet to the solenoid/control valve internally. Assuming it to be the same as the 40 series,access can be had through the round plate on the left side of the transmission tunnel.On the 40 series the lower fuel tank needed removing or at least slid out from the rear. Not familiar enough with the TS to know if the tank needs removing or not.With the plate off,you can feel for the wires from the grommet and check if the outer insulation has broken up.Spade connectors are used onto the solenoid and can be removed and refitted by feel. It's all do-able through the hole but only by feel IIRC,but still handier than removing the top hydraulic lid.The same symptoms occurred with my 8240 and the above was the problem...

You may find the insulation has gone off the wires from the grommet to the solenoid/control valve internally. Assuming it to be the same as the 40 series,access can be had through the round plate on the left side of the transmission tunnel.On the 40 series the lower fuel tank needed removing or at least slid out from the rear. Not familiar enough with the TS to know if the tank needs removing or not.With the plate off,you can feel for the wires from the grommet and check if the outer insulation has broken up.Spade connectors are used onto the solenoid and can be removed and refitted by feel. It's all do-able through the hole but only by feel IIRC,but still handier than removing the top hydraulic lid.The same symptoms occurred with my 8240 and the above was the problem...
That's great, thanks for your help

Back