Tunes

They had four of the greatest albums ever in a row,I saw them in Huddersfield in the mid 90s:Thumbp2:

My favourite song has to be Bittersweet Me,I recited the line “I’d sooner chew my leg off” when my dad asked if I’d like to go to football with him.:no:

I went to see them in Slane Castle '95, there were way more there to see Oasis than REM.
Liam Gallagher walked off early in the Oasis set.
The crowd were there to see Oasis and had very little interest in REM, they were building human pyramids, lighting and throwing beer carriers. REM had to sneak back on stage to do an encore, it was a pity, they did a good set but just not their crowd.

I’ve been listening to Radio Nova’s
“Stay at home weekend music festival”
There’s an hour of Live Aid on tomorrow Monday at 4pm.
It’s brought back some great memories for me, got me thinking about previous concerts (would it be worth starting a thread for this?)
I wouldn’t be a huge U2 fan, I was at the concert in Slane in 2001, I remember walking out the gates with tens of thousands of others, the crowd almost silent, knowing we’d been at something special, the 20th anniversary of the concert in 81 where U2 supported Thin Lizzy.
Next year 2021 it’ll be
“the 20th anniversary of the 20th anniversary”
It would be some way to kick things off again after the covid crisis to have U2 back in Slane.

Let’s hope we’ve gotten over the covid crisis by then and we can have large gatherings of people again. A bit of hope is no harm in these hard times.

Nearly a month without a Tune, God lads were slipping :scratchhead:
Heard this one this morning, on my commute. It's stuck in my head all day, kept me in good humour. Really classy tune.

Back