Tunes

I am afraid that the end is nigh.
A fantastic band which I've had the honour of being in the audience , and had hoped to have had the pleasure again.
I do regret that I didn't get to see them when they were 4 miles away, I think you were there, one of the few bands if not the only band of note to ever play in that location.

I do regret that I didn't get to see them when they were 4 miles away, I think you were there, one of the few bands if not the only band of note to ever play in that location.

They played twice in that Hall , one year after the next . Was there both times .
They played 4 miles away from me 30 odd yrs ago , and I didnt attend that . It was when Christy was in the depths of his other battle .

They played twice in that Hall , one year after the next . Was there both times .
They played 4 miles away from me 30 odd yrs ago , and I didnt attend that . It was when Christy was in the depths of his other battle .
Would that be Shinrone, went to Maura O'Connell there, she had some voice on her whatever became of her.

Would that be Shinrone, went to Maura O'Connell there, she had some voice on her whatever became of her.

Borris in Ossory was the near location

Shinrone . Saw Meat Loaf there , and left before it was over , that was how good he was . Saw Christy Moore there one night , when he wasn't in good humour. Maybe 86 or 87 .Thankfully , we , and he persevered , and saw him in Kilkenny last summer , in.the best form I've ever seen him in . He was brilliant.

Shinrone . Saw Meat Loaf there , and left before it was over , that was how good he was . Saw Christy Moore there one night , when he wasn't in good humour. Maybe 86 or 87 .Thankfully , we , and he persevered , and saw him in Kilkenny last summer , in.the best form I've ever seen him in . He was brilliant.
When I think back I saw U2 in the basement of Liberty Hall late 70's when they were a fledgling band.

Saw Status Quo twice , once in what was then the Point , and later , in what was then The Heritage Hotel in Portlaoise.

Back