Tunes

Loved the original n17 by the saw doctors but this cover is savage.
I think it's brutal to be honest. Completely misses the point of the original version. Trying to be profound and arty for the sake of it without grasping the core message, everything that's wrong with bad cover versions in a nutshell. Did I mention the fact that I don't like it? I don't like it.

I think it's brutal to be honest. Completely misses the point of the original version. Trying to be profound and arty for the sake of it without grasping the core message, everything that's wrong with bad cover versions in a nutshell. Did I mention the fact that I don't like it? I don't like it.

Couldn't agree more. It was like that Dreams cover during the summer. A good cause for sure but murdered the tune.

Some covers can be better than the original but that N17 completely missed the mark.

Heard this on the radio last weekend, made me think of you

Couldn't agree more. It was like that Dreams cover during the summer. A good cause for sure but murdered the tune.

Some covers can be better than the original but that N17 completely missed the mark.

Heard this on the radio last weekend, made me think of you

Jesus Christ Almighty man, is there really a need for that :crying:

Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell​

Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone gone gone
Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes

Some proper music!!!!!!

One of " The " albums of my generation .
Proper music as you say .

Went to see him in Shinrone Hall maybe 30 years ago .
Out of tune noise , with a few scantily dressed backing singers . Left before it ended .
This was 10 years plus after his heyday .
My wife saw him in Dublin at the height of his fame , and was excellent then .

Our local PP always sings this on Easter Sunday Morning, it was streamed from The Parochial House this morning as He is isolating due to close contact.

I was listening to Jim McCann last weekend, and thinking to myself how underrated he was as a singer, and he's all but forgotten now in the grand scheme of things while his peers like Luke and Ronnie and Liam Clancy are all lauded as the greats. Gerry Rafferty was mentioned not long ago, here's Jim singing one of his songs.

I was listening to Jim McCann last weekend, and thinking to myself how underrated he was as a singer, and he's all but forgotten now in the grand scheme of things while his peers like Luke and Ronnie and Liam Clancy are all lauded as the greats. Gerry Rafferty was mentioned not long ago, here's Jim singing one of his songs.

Think Carrickfergus was one of his best, but he excelled at most. Grace is up there near the top also.

One of " The " albums of my generation .
Proper music as you say .

Went to see him in Shinrone Hall maybe 30 years ago .
Out of tune noise , with a few scantily dressed backing singers . Left before it ended .
This was 10 years plus after his heyday .
My wife saw him in Dublin at the height of his fame , and was excellent then .

He fell on my father!

A strange claim to fame. My father's involved in the stadium in thurles and Meatloaf played Feile one year.

The offices backstage were in portacabins a foot or two off the ground. My father was talking to someone outside one of the offices, Meatloaf was coming out and took a speed wobble off the steps down onto my auld lad.

Back