Tunes

I didn't realise that DOD had passed.

He had a terrible habit of singing and talking over tunes he played. My father cursed him from a height for it on more than one occasion

I didn't realise that DOD had passed.

He had a terrible habit of singing and talking over tunes he played. My father cursed him from a height for it on more than one occasion
Ronan Collins used to do the same. Sure I suppose it shows they had a grá for what they were doing, most modern radio presenters are only pressing buttons on a preselected playlist.

Ronan Collins used to do the same. Sure I suppose it shows they had a grá for what they were doing, most modern radio presenters are only pressing buttons on a preselected playlist.
Ronan is great for mentoring backing musicians . He always credits Ger Farrell on drums . His father is a local builder. These guys would be anchor men for a lot of bands and artists but would not be in the limelight.

Ronan is great for mentoring backing musicians . He always credits Ger Farrell on drums . His father is a local builder. These guys would be anchor men for a lot of bands and artists but would not be in the limelight.
Ronan is a drummer himself. It's amazing the musicians who have played on sometimes hundreds of hit records and are complete unknown to the vast majority of people. Maybe that's a theme for a weekend when the pressure eases off a bit.

Ronan is a drummer himself. It's amazing the musicians who have played on sometimes hundreds of hit records and are complete unknown to the vast majority of people. Maybe that's a theme for a weekend when the pressure eases off a bit.
Ger Farrell”s uncle also a musician was reared in this townsland and would come out for a walk on the farm a few times a year. Actually last Stephens Day about ten of them came out and walked up to the Longstone field. Given that it is sixty years since they lived here and the whole family seem to have a strong connection to the area.

Chrissie Hynde is 70 today

Buddy Holly would have been 85

Good things always come in 3's, it is also Tafkat's birthday

Saw Chrissie in Nowlan Park in early 00s . DEADLY . Brass in Pocket is my fave of hers .

You are holding well for 47 . Dont look a day over 51.

Back