Tunes

For me the definitive version (and to the best of my knowledge the first recording) of a National Anthem, written by an Englishman, performed by a Scotsman, because I like to think we are all-inclusive whether we're here or not.

Over and out.

And you try to tell me a cover version can't beat the original...............

His latest album, ironically of cover versions, is shite unfortunately.

Some VERY early Springsteen

I still think his orginal version is best, some of the cover versions may be more polished, but give me the rawness of his 1973 version any day.

I still think his orginal version is best, some of the cover versions may be more polished, but give me the rawness of his 1973 version any day.
Nah, the Manfred Mann version is not only the best version of that song but also one of the greatest rock recordings of the period.

Sunday night can only mean obscure tunes you'll never hear on the radio, Robbie Robertson would regularly feature in some shape or form.

Looking at the consequences of yet another mass shooting unfold in the US, where are the David Crosby & Co of the modern age to speak out about such things, unfortunately the more things change the more they stay the same.

Back