Tyre Size

Put Bridgestones on the tsa a few weeks ago cheaper than bkts
I thought meself they were much of a muchness from before but on pricing this time they were 4k or thereabouts, I didn't ask any more then. Bkt's are coming in at 2950.

I thought meself they were much of a muchness from before but on pricing this time they were 4k or thereabouts, I didn't ask any more then. Bkt's are coming in at 2950.
thats a huge difference, bkt,s were 510 each versus 500 for the bridgestones and 450 for firestones

Were the 540s very chunky on it? Would she still get good traction down with them?
I always found them to have good grip on d fields they only ever let me down once and that was with a dump trailer that used to get stuck when up fully from time to time it lifted d back and end up a bit didnt take much to pull it out. They were a good tyre i found comfortable on d road aswell 2E6BFE83-72A0-49F5-97B9-2A932A395B72.jpeg

For anyone wondering if the premium tyre brands are worth the extra. The tyres below are Michelin multibibs. On 7.5k hours now. The tractor would be on a harvester and baler and do a lot of slurry work. Can't see bkt's or the likes coming close to them even though I out a set of bkt's on myself recently.

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_121221.jpg
    IMG_20210212_121221.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210212_121132.jpg
    IMG_20210212_121132.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 54
Interesting about ‘premium’ brands, i hear different stories about them every day through the job, but one of them isn’t as premium as it used to be from what i hear.

i’m pricing a set of tyres at the moment.

i’ll either chance the Bridgestone VX or Vredestein Traxion 65’s

For anyone wondering if the premium tyre brands are worth the extra. The tyres below are Michelin multibibs. On 7.5k hours now. The tractor would be on a harvester and baler and do a lot of slurry work. Can't see bkt's or the likes coming close to them even though I out a set of bkt's on myself recently.
It's the road work that kills tyres no matter the brand we find. Plenty of life in them tyres

It's the road work that kills tyres no matter the brand we find. Plenty of life in them tyres
Agreed, but that tractor has seen plenty of road work. I dont believe the cheaper ones would wear as well.

Reactions: c4l
Michelins aren't a patch on what they were 10yrs ago. So much so, I wouldnt fit them again

Was just looking at the front of the new Holland on Friday as it just hit the 8000hr mark, it has 480/600 Goodyear opti trac dt812’s, a 10c coin is just a fraction taller than the grips, it’s pretty much always had the loader or weight pack on the front of it does a lot of screwing around on concrete or tar and a good shot of road work in that time, the rears have a bit more on them but I didn’t actually measure them. Always liked them as they sit out a good square tire and looked twice the tire 600 firestones did when I saw them on a similar tractor a few months after we got it.

50k is killer for tyre wear.Saw a tractor with good years lately with around 5k hours and couldn't believe how well they were wearing.Discoverd after the tractor was restricted to 40k

Can any one tell me what size flotation rim and tyre to go on front axle of 390t currently on 13.6x24. TIA

I'm wondering if anyone has fitted 650/65r38 tyres onto 18" rims? my tm is on 15" front and 18" rear rims and I'm wondering can I fit 650/65 and 540/65s on it .... it looks like 20" is recommended, .. this would be 90% fieldwork duties.

I'm wondering if anyone has fitted 650/65r38 tyres onto 18" rims? my tm is on 15" front and 18" rear rims and I'm wondering can I fit 650/65 and 540/65s on it .... it looks like 20" is recommended, .. this would be 90% fieldwork duties.
Would work if you are keeping them pumped up so the bead and sidewall are a bit more protected. I think the JD 6600 at home was on narrower than recommended rims for years - looked good but you couldn't really use the tyre to its potential.

Also worth noting which make of tyre you are looking at, a Michelin always measures less than the stated size at the lugs as they use the sidewall with a slight bulge as the reference point, or at least that is what I recall hearing at one point.

Alternatively, you could be better off with a 580/70 rear and drop the pressure to get the longer footprint and still mix with a 540/65 front - this is the tyre combo I went for with my Maxxum.

Back