Tyrella

TMKF

Been reading about how well some tyrella reseeds are doing in this cold, 10kgs over other reseeds. Looking at reseeding some land on the platform with it. Wondering how it does in a silage mix though to deliver early swards?
It will be on drier drained ground so it's performance on wet ground isn't as much of an issue

Been reading about how well some tyrella reseeds are doing in this cold, 10kgs over other reseeds. Looking at reseeding some land on the platform with it. Wondering how it does in a silage mix though to deliver early swards?
It will be on drier drained ground so it's performance on wet ground isn't as much of an issue

Great variety, I'm adding it to a mix I'm making up at the moment for spring reseeding. Not sure of its mid season bulk would stack up to other varities for silage though. You would need to add Glencair or other similar breed for ground cover. I definately wouldnt use it on wet ground.

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

I talked to dairy gold seed rep last week and they are taking it out of their number 3 mix but that's very unlikely it's poor and more likely for business reasons

Tyrella is one of the top varieties, using it here since late 00's, spring growth is about 30% over average if memory serves me right, If used correctly in a mix its of serious benefit. Was just looking at a field reseeded in around 2007 that has 4kgs of Tyrella in the mix and it after getting seriously green and is growing;)

Tyrella is one of the top varieties, using it here since late 00's, spring growth is about 30% over average if memory serves me right, If used correctly in a mix its of serious benefit. Was just looking at a field reseeded in around 2007 that has 4kgs of Tyrella in the mix and it after getting seriously green and is growing;)

As Ozzy says, Tyrella is a very good variety - especially for spring growth (especially important where you can use early grass).
Its a competitor variety but I must say that is very good in such a situation.
I would have serious reservations about its persistence.

If you can get some, the new variety Glenveigh would be the first variety that I would put in.
With our wet seasons, persistence is ultra important.

Great variety, I'm adding it to a mix I'm making up at the moment for spring reseeding. Not sure of its mid season bulk would stack up to other varities for silage though. You would need to add Glencair or other similar breed for ground cover. I definately wouldnt use it on wet ground.

How do you find it for grazing? Do they leave much behind? Was told they can struggle to graze down properly?

have tyrella in cow silage grass- always makes around 80dmd silage

great variety for protein as well i think

Back