Tyres

Rathbran

Tyres gone as bald as the proverbial on the jeep, had some summer tyres on which were useless but want a more all terrain type tyre. Don’t want a full on mud tyre or too aggressive A/T as jeep will be doing about 40% fields, gravel tracks rest commuting, motorway etc,

any recommendations folks from your own experience

Tyres gone as bald as the proverbial on the jeep, had some summer tyres on which were useless but want a more all terrain type tyre. Don’t want a full on mud tyre or too aggressive A/T as jeep will be doing about 40% fields, gravel tracks rest commuting, motorway etc,

any recommendations folks from your own experience
I got on well with Lassa. Definitely don't go Chinese.

Thanks lads, should have also mentioned these are going on 19” rims too so might be a bit more limited with tyre choices due size

255/55R19

Put Pirelli’s scorpion zero on in the end just to close the loop on this thread. All terrains in my size are bloody expensive and these were currently on a promotion price from pirelli.

Got them fitted at Shane McManus tyres in Dundalk. Shane is running these on his Amarok and speaks highly of them.

Have been using these folks for everything here tyre wise for the last 10 years or so and won’t go past them so anybody in the north east looking for fresh rubber, they’re a one stop shop 👌👍

Got 4 new tyres for our digger there recently. No messing with them. Brought the digger down on our low loader
Think a new set of BKTs for the 3cx here was around €1600 inc vat delivered and fitted a few years ago. 18.4x26 rears and 12.5/80x18 fronts.

I put 4 new tyres on herself jeep lately. Hankook Ventus. Bloody expensive they are to. 250 a corner. The tyre fella could have got budget tyres but he said on the jeep they wouldn't last and herself is fairly lead footed.

I put 4 new tyres on herself jeep lately. Hankook Ventus. Bloody expensive they are to. 250 a corner. The tyre fella could have got budget tyres but he said on the jeep they wouldn't last and herself is fairly lead footed.

find Hankook a good tyre, used to run ventus st on previous Land Rover and got 40000 miles out of them, hard wearing and good in the wet and snow. They have joined the premium price tyres group alright

how would 225 / 65 /17 yohamma at 125stg compare with contentintals at 135 stg to go on a rav4.
can't get Bridgestone at the minute .
are the contis still a problem .
have Mitchelin pilot sports on.
14kmiles and there gone

how would 225 / 65 /17 yohamma at 125stg compare with contentintals at 135 stg to go on a rav4.
14kmiles and there gone
Got Continentals 225/65/17 102v in Longford Tyres for €145 fitted yesterday

14kmiles and there gone
Never any issues with Continental car or van tyres that I heard of, they are a very good tyre in my view.
What was the issue with Conti car or van tyre?
Continental sold their agri tyre division to CGS, (use to be Barum now Mitas and Cultor) and they had sidewall issues for a few years.

Last edited:
Have Yokohamas on the outlander here and am happy with them. Decent wear and no road noise with good grip in rain and dry

I had a full set of continental tyres on the Volvo and nothing wrong with them. The front two wore and the back picked up a 10mm bolt on the road.

Trying out bf goodrich now.

14kmiles and there gone
Get the yokohamas as long as they are the geolanders not the cheaper version of yokohama. Last ones i got were 160 euros i used them for years. Couldnt get them last time couple times so got a Dunlop at 125stg which are good. I had bridgestones before them and wasnt impressed at all. Cant speak of Continentals as never had them.

For her 25th birthday i said id better buy a new set of back boots for the L65 New holland fiat, BKTs, hopefully I get the next 25 years out of these, she was on the original tyres until today

Attachments

• 20220715_185429.jpg
    20220715_185429.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220715_190336.jpg
    20220715_190336.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 87
For her 25th birthday i said id better buy a new set of back boots for the L65 New holland fiat, BKTs, hopefully I get the next 25 years out of these, she was on the original tyres until today

You wont be selling her so!!

A wide looking tyre for a 13.6.

Back