Umbilical Spreading cost

In all honesty lads umbilical spreading is quite inexpensive for the farmer. We empty a 300000gal tank at home in about 12-15 hours, it was always round 100/hr. I've seen the same tank take 3 days with 3 tankers to empty.

In all honesty lads umbilical spreading is quite inexpensive for the farmer. We empty a 300000gal tank at home in about 12-15 hours, it was always round 100/hr. I've seen the same tank take 3 days with 3 tankers to empty.
20,000 gals /Hr with the umbilical, the lads on the tankers must be asleep to be doing 4,000 gals /Hr each if you give them 3 x 8hr days x3 = 72 hrs.

20,000 gals /Hr with the umbilical, the lads on the tankers must be asleep to be doing 4,000 gals /Hr each if you give them 3 x 8hr days x3 = 72 hrs.
Last job I was at with the tanker was there 2 days 9-8 farmer had his own tanker running alongside and we shifted just over 400k gal would have been more on handy enough leads that could have been got to with an umbilical

Depends what diameter pipe you are using. With five or six inch pipe you will shift a lot more thank four inch but no point investing in extra output and not getting any more per hour. If you do go per cube you still need to charge by the hour for setting up so gates etc are ready and you are not left reeling out and up for small paddocks

It’s all 4 inch pipe (I probably should have mentioned) I’m not really keen on investing in different pipe etc as it’s something I’m massively excited about doing or something I want to do a lot of, it’s just a case of take on the customer base that comes with the kit & keep it fair, which by the sound of things will be best on a per hour basis especially keeping it small scale

If you do charge by the cube then big pipes are a must otherwise dont bother
Everyone here on 4inch as no one will pay extra to get it pumped quicker

It’s all 4 inch pipe so per hour sounds best, I don’t want to be ‘big in the umbilical game’ or even in the game at all so might be best to plod along with the customer base already there on a per hour base & save having to invest too much into it

Takes about 5 minutes to fill a load so 2 each is 30mins/hr just filling and waiting on each other to get in and out n up and down the same lane.

Takes about 5 minutes to fill a load so 2 each is 30mins/hr just filling and waiting on each other to get in and out n up and down the same lane.
Thought you were filling them with the agitator? I'd usually in and out of the yard in under 5 minutes, takes around 2.5-3 minutes to fill a load

Thought you were filling them with the agitator? I'd usually in and out of the yard in under 5 minutes, takes around 2.5-3 minutes to fill a load
Ive seen it in the past I'm not saying we do it now. If we are putting out ourselves we fill with the agitator if we get a contractor we just get them with the pipe.

Back