Unblocking heater pipes

Joey1234

Trying to put the simple things going right on an old lady and todays job is the heater. Pipe going up through the cab pillar were bypassed for years and are now full of rust and and gunk. Have ine free using an airline but the other is fairly well blocked. Any tips to disolve it? These are steel pipes with bends so replacement is very last option. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20200724_185433.jpg
    20200724_185433.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 54
How feasible is removing the pipes?

Lots of chemicals that could be used but would need to be put in from above and not necessarily things I'd want to splash around the cab.

If you cant remove then I think I'd plug the bottom and syringe in vinegar to the top and let it sit

Thanks for that, might try the vinegar and even a bit of bread soda mixed is a great job for cleaning, was also thinkin a bit of the good aould coke (the drink!!) Wouldnt be a bad job either.

The only reason i say that is cause the mrs. Does put bread soda and coke and vinegar down the toilet, leaves it for a few hours and ther doesnt be a spec of the scum and lime scale afterwards, so 1 of them is doing the trick lol

Trying to put the simple things going right on an old lady and todays job is the heater. Pipe going up through the cab pillar were bypassed for years and are now full of rust and and gunk. Have ine free using an airline but the other is fairly well blocked. Any tips to disolve it? These are steel pipes with bends so replacement is very last option. Thanks guys.
Why were they bypassed, maybe they were leaking, maybe they weren't but are rotten now.

It was a quick fix job due to a burst pipe years ago. The electrics were fucked and the motors on the heating fans were knackered so didnt make a difference then and of course never were replaced again. Now, 15 years or so later lol, fans and electrics all fixed so want to hook it up again. 1 pipe fully free, other fully blocked!

The only reason i say that is cause the mrs. Does put bread soda and coke and vinegar down the toilet, leaves it for a few hours and ther doesnt be a spec of the scum and lime scale afterwards, so 1 of them is doing the trick lol

Mix up warm water and baking soda pour it in from the top, leave it'll soak thru, might have to do it a couple o times, works a treat on me skanky flask

How about a length of plain wire to rod it out? Get things moving and a good flow of water through after?

Dont think those ol zetor pipes are hard to remove or replace
They are probably ably rotted through anyway

Back