Video camera camcorder

john415

I'm thinking about getting A camcorder to take some footage next season no absolutely nothing about it so all advice is welcome.thanks.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

I've a canon sx210is point and shoot that will take decent 720p footage, find it good but I don't take a massive amount of video.

The key ring cameras are good and cheap too.

What are you hoping to do with it exactly?

i was half thinking about treating myself to one of these on the 25th.

looks to be a mighty job.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCXHnk8_Svk"]GoPro HERO 3 Black Edition - Unboxing - Review - YouTube[/ame]

Looks good alright, you'd want to have the use for it though.
nah, just another toy.
be something to play with.
might be no harm to take an odd video, i have loads of pictures, but because im behind the camera i dont have many of me in them.
not that i love myself or anything, but i have a few older ones here that mum would of taken when we were younger, its kind nice to look back an odd time, there is old cine film here too, but now a days i dont take many videos, id might be nice in years to come to look back at an odd bit of baling or digging or something that was going on somewhere.
bit silly really, but sure, when i have the chance i might as well.
ill make no Stephen Spielberg or anything, just a few videos will do.

nah, just another toy.
might be no harm to take an odd video, i have loads of pictures, but because im behind the camera i dont have many of me in them.
not that i love myself or anything, but i have a few older ones here that mum would of taken when we were younger, its kind nice to look back an odd time, there is old cine film here too, but now a days i dont take many videos, id might be nice in years to come to look back at an odd bit of baling or digging or something that was going on somewhere.

Like what ya say its nice to look back old times saw a video last Xmas of my aunt and uncle silage outfit when they started with 110-90's and a old new Holland spfh back in the very early 90s was nice very equipment now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

i was half thinking about treating myself to one of these on the 25th.

looks to be a mighty job.
GoPro HERO 3 Black Edition - Unboxing - Review - YouTube

Have one over 2 months now and I still fail to get it to record. Made the fatal error of getting a friend to buy it passing through duty free in Canada so as such I have no counter I can slam it on and say sort it out.
Had heard a lot of reports of problems with the Hero 3,but never thought I would get caught :angry:

Was looking at few guys on YouTube with go pro cam corders with mounts.
I just want to take a few vids on the gear here really mount to the sprayer and drill and stuff.what ever is going on really.i won't be bringing it to the pub or anything just now and again type thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have one over 2 months now and I still fail to get it to record. Made the fatal error of getting a friend to buy it passing through duty free in Canada so as such I have no counter I can slam it on and say sort it out.
Had heard a lot of reports of problems with the Hero 3,but never thought I would get caught :angry:
now thats not good.
i see a lot of ones on e bay stating that there are copy's of them out there, might be a smart sales ploy either.
but there must be something in it.
whats up with it anyways, i take it it comes on at least, just dosent record?

Was looking at few guys on YouTube with go pro cam corders with mounts.
I just want to take a few vids on the gear here really mount to the sprayer and drill and stuff.what ever is going on really.i won't be bringing it to the pub or anything just now and again type thing.

is that not basically a go pro then so?

There does seem to be a massive pile of problems with the go pro hero 3 alright, the 2 would nearly be the one to buy i think, heard very little wrong with them...

is that not basically a go pro then so?

I dono u tell me I haven't a clue I just see the name a go pro 2 on the vidoes how much is one?
I'm just asking what I should look for,

nah, just another toy.

It'll get a bit of use then by the sounds of it, nice to have a bit of quality footage to with the go pro. There are reels of cine here from farm days, some day I'll pull it out and go through some of it. As you say, nice to look back on things from time to time.

now thats not good.
i see a lot of ones on e bay stating that there are copy's of them out there, might be a smart sales ploy either.
but there must be something in it.
whats up with it anyways, i take it it comes on at least, just dosent record?

First problem outta the box is the remote wouldn't (and still doesn't)talk to the camera, actually one of the most common problems I had read about.

Second problem is my Samsung can't pick up the GoPro even after reinstalling the official app several times meaning I cant use my phone to set up shots and watch what the camera is recording while its mounted on a machine, this being one of the main reasons I went to buy a Hero 3 in the first place.

Lastly and most critical is the camera will turn on and go through all the motions as it should and will record normally but when I go to upload the files to the pc I end up with each clip in 3 files,audio,picture and text :confused::thumbdown:

I cnt play any file and hours spent googling hasn't made me any wiser. Main problem with these gizmo's is the Harvey Normans and Curry's etc that sell them haven't a bulls notion about them or problems that occur. Been to 3 big retailers and each shrugged their shoulders not having a clue what might be wrong :rolleyes:

I've wasted so much time and money on the thing its thrown on the table here in front of me and I can't bring myself to go at it again.I bought a dud me thinks but doubt I would bother buying another to replace it.

My hero 2 on the other hand has been bullet proof. I have rolled over it,kicked it dropped it from massive heights and everytime I hook up the usb it works 100%. Couldn't praise it enough :thumbup:

I dono u tell me I haven't a clue I just see the name a go pro 2 on the vidoes how much is one?
I'm just asking what I should look for,
same as that, it looks like the one they were all talking about.
but after hearing everything now, it would make you wonder tbh.
other manafacturers do similar ones, but as to how the accecories go i cant say, go pro seem to have a lot of the mounting bases covered, thats not to say there isnt other types out there too.
tbh, i havnt done any research on them to see whats best.
First problem outta the box is the remote wouldn't (and still doesn't)talk to the camera, actually one of the most common problems I had read about.

Second problem is my Samsung can't pick up the GoPro even after reinstalling the official app several times meaning I cant use my phone to set up shots and watch what the camera is recording while its mounted on a machine, this being one of the main reasons I went to buy a Hero 3 in the first place.

Lastly and most critical is the camera will turn on and go through all the motions as it should and will record normally but when I go to upload the files to the pc I end up with each clip in 3 files,audio,picture and text :confused::thumbdown:

I cnt play any file and hours spent googling hasn't made me any wiser. Main problem with these gizmo's is the Harvey Normans and Curry's etc that sell them haven't a bulls notion about them or problems that occur. Been to 3 big retailers and each shrugged their shoulders not having a clue what might be wrong :rolleyes:

I've wasted so much time and money on the thing its thrown on the table here in front of me and I can't bring myself to go at it again.I bought a dud me thinks but doubt I would bother buying another to replace it.

My hero 2 on the other hand has been bullet proof. I have rolled over it,kicked it dropped it from massive heights and everytime I hook up the usb it works 100%. Couldn't praise it enough :thumbup:
that is bad hi.
umm, kinda takes the gloss off it alright.
the go pro 2 sounds like a better buy.
for the size of it, its not big at the best of times.
have you the water proof case for the two?.

other manafacturers do similar ones, but as to how the accecories go i cant say, go pro seem to have a lot of the mounting bases covered, thats not to say there isnt other types out there too.

Ya kinda would make you wonder.
Gonna txt the local chap that does the videos and see what he uses.
What do you use grasshopper?
Prior to the hero 3.

that is bad hi.
umm, kinda takes the gloss off it alright.
the go pro 2 sounds like a better buy.
for the size of it, its not big at the best of times.
have you the water proof case for the two?.

Yep Hero 2 comes with changeable backs for the case and suction cup as standard so all you really need to do is make up a magnetic mount for attaching to machinery if that's what you want it for.

Hero 3 is more or less the same size as the 2 but not as deep IYKWIM,by the time its in the waterproof case theres not much between them.

Cant recommend the hero 2 enough but the sound can be a problem especially if your using it with the fully waterproof back cover.

Ya kinda would make you wonder.
Gonna txt the local chap that does the videos and see what he uses.
What do you use grasshopper?
Prior to the hero 3.

Everything incab or on a machine is done with the hero 2 but for recording a machine just around the field I have gone back to using Canon HFS20 and HFG10 cameras after moving away from a shoulder mount Sony.
The canons give super quality picture and excellent sound too,no shite involved just hit the record button and you are getting good footage :thumbup:

They are the smallest camcorder in their spec so suit me for running around fields and setting them up quickly.
Pricey enough though with the HFG10 around the €1200 mark but you wouldn't believe the footage quality you get :thumbup:

Yep Hero 2 comes with changeable backs for the case and suction cup as standard so all you really need to do is make up a magnetic mount for attaching to machinery if that's what you want it for.

Hero 3 is more or less the same size as the 2 but not as deep IYKWIM,by the time its in the waterproof case theres not much between them.

Cant recommend the hero 2 enough but the sound can be a problem especially if your using it with the fully waterproof back cover.

Disregard my post about which camera u use.I didn't read all ur previous post to tinman

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Have a relation coming from the America for Christmas I know u have had some issues with your hero 3 but would I be ok to get them to buy a hero 2 for me I'm thinking like everything else it should be cheaper.

The problem you describe sounds like a wifi problem in the camera could be config - The remote is actually a wifi remote so it has to be paired - I presume you followed their pairing guide online -it is a bit cumbersome.

If it doesn't work then chances are the Samsung phone cant pair either with your camera.

Anyway if you really are at wits end and not in a hurry I'll have a go at figuring it out and send it back to you. But the warning is it could lie here for a good while depending what's on.

Not looking for anything just love the bit of figuring out the technology!

Pm me if you want to try that.

Have a relation coming from the America for Christmas I know u have had some issues with your hero 3 but would I be ok to get them to buy a hero 2 for me I'm thinking like everything else it should be cheaper.

Probably better going to a local outlet in the unlikely event you run into problems with it. I don't know what price the Hero 2 is now but it surely can't be much more than €300 but worth every penny. With taxes etc you probably won't save much more than €50 going duty free.

The problem you describe sounds like a wifi problem in the camera could be config - The remote is actually a wifi remote so it has to be paired - I presume you followed their pairing guide online -it is a bit cumbersome.

If it doesn't work then chances are the Samsung phone cant pair either with your camera.

Anyway if you really are at wits end and not in a hurry I'll have a go at figuring it out and send it back to you. But the warning is it could lie here for a good while depending what's on.

Not looking for anything just love the bit of figuring out the technology!

Pm me if you want to try that.
Thanks for that :thumbup:
I have a man in NZ that reckons he will sort it but if he fails I will post it up to you. I'll be in touch via pm in the second half of December

Back